11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 06-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
I use Noscript
I use both.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
There are ads? Hmm, you must be subscribing to one of those ad servers that serves very, very annoying blinking ads. Or, wait, maybe it won't load without javascript...

*does test*

.. Hmm, I've enabled javascript from adbureau.net, adrevolver.net, blatsnarf.net (yes, really), and about:blank (ugh, something created a hidden javascript window), and I still don't see the ads ...

Aha, enabling google analytics seems to have earned me a blocked flash animation.

Ye gods, javascript from four sites, three cookies, and a flash program, just so I can see... *mouths the words as he tries to remember how to read* "spelling bee replay: take a break with Word Puzzles! (Live Search) (Play the game free!)". *sigh*

So, I'm unlikely to be much help to GD financially, because

1) the ad is flashing annoyingly, so it's likely to be on a block list if it did load,
2) I block javascript by default for security and privacy reasons, and
3) it's flash, which is separately blocked.

Ugh. Perhaps a cash donation?

PS - I use noscript + adblock plus (hand tuned) + flashblock (because then you don't see messages saying you need to install flash)

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
PS - I use noscript + adblock plus (hand tuned) + flashblock (because then you don't see messages saying you need to install flash)
You need to install flash to view this message!

(I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. In so many ways.)
'till you run out of cake.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I also use Noscript.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I enjoy ads actually. Like one user said, he found guildcafe through banner ads. I've found some pretty neat things through banner ads. They're not intrusive in anyway. As long as they're not super lame I'm ok with it.

gaming news
Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
I enjoy ads actually. Like one user said, he found guildcafe through banner ads. I've found some pretty neat things through banner ads. They're not intrusive in anyway. As long as they're not super lame I'm ok with it.
"Not intrusive in any way." "Not intrusive in any way." I get a free laugh every time I say it. That's awesome.

This sort of directly contradicts my personal experience: if you only block the lame ads, you don't see any ads at all. Maybe you use a different internet than I do.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:06 AM

Sneek is a cornerstone of the community Sneek is a cornerstone of the community Sneek is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Maybe you use a different internet than I do.
I am on Internet Advanced Version 2.0103. Which one do you use? And how do I change it?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Enthusiast

Jamion is a jewel in the community Jamion is a jewel in the community
I have just learned to ignore adds in general. I tend to read where I click first. Don't think I have ever 'accidentally' clicked on an ad. I'm running FF3, no ad blocks though, just seems to be another program I have to install.

Remember the ads help pay for the site, so we can enjoy it free ^_^

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration
Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
That's a good point Jamion. I started using the Noscripts thingie after reading up on the recent Flash vulnerability; not specifically to block ads.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Innovative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneek View Post
I am on Internet Advanced Version 2.0103. Which one do you use? And how do I change it?
<insert "series of tubes" joke here>

<alternative for computer geeks: insert IPV6 joke here>

<alternative for javascript hackers: insert code sample demonstrating how to detect and support Internet standard and advanced while also supporting IE6, but which breaks validation, along with link to sample page>

<default>
Um, I dunno. I think it ships with Vista though.
</default>