11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Guild Themes Design Workshop

Old 06-16-2008, 12:32 AM

JStonewall has much to be proud of
Editing My Guild Theme
I am currently in the process of constructing my guilds new website, here at guildcafe. However, there are a few kinks I would like to work out.

First, I am wondering what web browsers the themes are being tested on. By default I usually run Mozilla Firefox, but as I have been testing out the newest beta version, it is possible that is where my problem lies. For the most part, the site loads perfectly. However, there are certain elements in the manage portion of the site that overlap each other and the edit box for the page edits is completely black. I also tried loading the site in Opera, but got the same results I had in firefox. The last resort, and I do mean very last, was to load it into IE. I might as well have not even tried...the entire page was screwed up.

Second, I have not yet found out how to change the font face of the sub headers to bold. Please tell me this option is available. I would also like to get rid of the bullets that show up beside the nav-menu, they are unnecessary and also tend to show up at the wrong position on different browsers.

Other then that I currently have no other problems. I am glad I found this site. Thank You.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 PM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Zel is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Zel
I'm looking into these issues now, some of them I believe are related to the new site launch which included some new css that effects every page and conflicts with some of the pre-existing themes. To correct this I may need to go back and alter each theme but "warrior's legacy" is as good a place to start as any. =)

The secondary headings should be bold, and the nav menu is not supposed to have bullets. It looks like the guild favorites links are getting some changes from the new css too with the addition of a blue plus sign image and a grey underline on the links. I'm documenting these issues and they will go into my work for this week. Fixes and updates go into our live site every monday so I expect I can get this corrected by next tuesday.

Our themes are designed and checked in firefox and IE typically. The issues you describe on the manage portion of the site I may need to pass along to our PHP programmers. We definately don't want overlapping elements in any of your configuration panels.

With the edit box being black, are you referring to the box you type in when you make a post or add a site announement? I believe this box appears the same way on gamerdna overall and matches the one you see when you compose posts on this forum too. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about though so please let me know if it is something else.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Thank you for the fast reply, Zel.

When I first chose my theme, I had to change some of the font colors that were showing up for certain areas. Although this is nothing new when it comes to customization, I was simply using the colors that the theme showed in the theme viewer. For some reason my theme looked different then the theme showed in there. It was no big problem, as I was able to make the changes relatively easily. With the exception of the bold subheadings and the bullets that were appearing on the site.

Thankfully, the bullets are no longer there(I'm guessing you had something to do with that). Thank You.

I am talking about the same edit box as you mentioned. However, mine won't accept any input into it once I click on it. I have been reloading it into opera to make changes. Sometimes even in Opera, I can't make changes without reloading the link. For instance, I currently have the text "test" listed in the edit box. If I wanted to erase or change that, I generally have to reload the page once or twice.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:14 PM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Zel is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Zel
I believe the cosmetic issues are resolved now, subheadings are bold again, the underlines and blue plus sign image are also removed, and corrected the overlapping buttons on guild roster page. Ty for going into more detail about your posting issues. Are you still having the same problem with the text box not accepting text? If so I will pass that along to our coding gurus.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:22 PM

Looking good. I see you even fixed the shout box location. Thank You. As far as the posting situation goes, it is currently working. However, I recently formated my computer and switched back over to Linux; this could be a result of that.

I have not tested it out on my other computer yet. I will post results once I have.
In the past it had the same issue.

Thanks again.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:16 AM

It works on my other machine now. Thanks again.

There's one more thing that I have noticed. Its not really a problem for me, but it may be something to look at. In the image of the guild theme in the theme viewer, it shows the "Guild Home" Link as being bold and golden, similar to the sub heading text.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 PM

Kurotora420 has much to be proud of
Where would i need to go in order to start designing a new web page. Also submit it to you as an extra option for other game dna members ?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:24 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurotora420 View Post
Where would i need to go in order to start designing a new web page. Also submit it to you as an extra option for other game dna members ?
We'd love to have some new design contributors, but we don't accept unsolicited designs and ideas. The best thing to do is send me a PM or email explaining what you want to do and what games it would work for along with a link to your portfolio or other samples of your work. Student samples are okay, I have an eye for the kind of talent we need.

If we decide to give you a try, we'll actually send you a work order.