11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 06-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Queen of Pain

QueenTajah is a jewel in the community QueenTajah is a jewel in the community
heroScape?
So I just bought the "master set" or whatever for my 7-year old. Anyone else play this? I did read a bit of story, etc. on the official website, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of info around.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Had a friend who loved collecting figures whenever they were putting them out at Wal Mart regularly. It looks cool; have played a single game of it but I thought it could hold its own.

Somwhere out on the net was a fanzine dedicated to "advancing" the Heroscape rules a bit. They included a system of "character creation" so you can take your own minis and spec them up. I have a HUGE collection of MageKnight figs and I've always wanted to take some of my favorite Black Powder Rebels and spec them to a different system (I don't really have powerful pieces....just a lot of cool looking ones lol.)

Tell me how it plays out, if nothing else it looks like a great way to get your son into tabletop gaming.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 06-26-2008, 03:51 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Hot damn I hope this site might help:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?u=2

Old 06-27-2008, 04:59 PM

MatteKudesai has much to be proud of
I play with my wife and two sons. We have two Master Sets and a number of the expansions and booster packs. It's quite fun - simple to learn and simple to play.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:58 AM
Queen of Pain

QueenTajah is a jewel in the community QueenTajah is a jewel in the community
thanks for the info, Rev. I think we'll be going with the big castle expansion next. Building maps so far is just as fun as actually playing for us.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Jason is a jewel in the community
My wife and I have a bunch of the HeroScape stuff. What we do is plan to play on a Saturday or Sunday, but we put all the stuff out on the table on Monday. Throughout the week we take turns adding pieces to the map, 10 hexes max on a turn, and then pick out some armies and play a few different scenarios on game day. It has worked well so far.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM

Ardic has much to be proud of
!

I want the big castle expansion so badly. I have two Master sets as it is, but I definately need more. Mine are the first set that was released, I think there's been a couple more since then. Great fun!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 AM

Emcew is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Emcew Send a message via MSN to Emcew Send a message via Yahoo to Emcew
Is there anyone that plays this game that would have any comparisons for other table top games? Like, is it anything like Warhammer, or any of WhizKids Clicks games?

I've been interested in this because the miniatures look so cool, but I want to know more of how it works, not just if it's good or not.

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM

MatteKudesai has much to be proud of
I play HeroScape quite a bit, but since it's the only miniatures game I've ever played I have nothing to compare it to.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcew View Post
Is there anyone that plays this game that would have any comparisons for other table top games? Like, is it anything like Warhammer, or any of WhizKids Clicks games?

I've been interested in this because the miniatures look so cool, but I want to know more of how it works, not just if it's good or not.

Thanks!
It's more like Warhammer lite, in the sense that you buy starter sets and you purchase packs knowing what figures you're going to get. But the figures are plastic, prepainted figs, and the rules are nowhere near as intense as Warhammer or even Mage Knight.

That said, it does seem to be a game across the age range that is enjoyed. I know many peeps like the simple rules so they can focus on playing and army building vs. worrying about stats and rules. Also, the minis and play sets also work for peeps who are into RPG's (that's just a given with any miniature game).

If you check out their site, they have an online demo game to give you an idea of the rules:

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/heroscape/

EDIT:
Weird, they don't link to this one anymore, which is a lot more informative:
http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/demo.cfm