11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 06-17-2008, 05:33 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
What FPS sites do you hang out on?
Hey guys, I need your help on something...

A few years back I used to be really into FPS games and playing them competitively online. I only followed this passion for a few months until I found MMOs and then got sucked in to playing MMOs practically exclusively for the next couple years. I'm trying to jump back in to the FPS gaming scene and community, but I don't know where to start.

What sites do you guys hang out in to talk to other FPS gamers? Where do you go to coordinate FPS clan matches, scrims, or even competitive leagues and tournaments?

Any help is appreciated! I'm not looking for what games I should play, because I already play plenty of new and old FPS games..I'm more interested in the communities that you guys hang out in.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM

MrAchievement has much to be proud of
Hey Q!

There are a ton of different places that you can go to get your competitive needs. I don't often use the facilities offered to meet other Gamers to team up with but I know that there are always clans/teams recruiting on the Gamebattles Forums. Currently (even though it makes me sad) MLG -which runs Gamebattles also- is the leading Online and LAN Competitive Arena for Console Gamers.

Now you may have meant more along the lines of PC and there may be communities that I am not aware of (obviously) but Gamebattles offers online Ladders for some games as well as the fact that they are building a network (see top bar of Gamebattles) that even includes MMO's!

If you are just looking to meet other competitive Gamers... well, I would be happy to introduce you to all of the ones I know (360 only)... but most of them are members of Clans and use their own Websites for the Posting aspect of Competitive Gaming. So come hang out and you can meet us (or better yet, them)!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I pretty much stay away from the FPS sites, Fragbite.se is the major Swedish one though.

The FPS crowd is generally even more retarded then the MMO crowd, although with WoW that has changed somewhat.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
I've been wondering about buying quake wars, I know its an online game, FPS wise, but is says on the box that you only need online to get 'complete gameplay'... Which leads me to wonder if its got a single player element too.

If it wasn't for the fact none of my mates are interested in FPS battle games, I'd have bought it already. But honestly, its the only ting that catches my eye, online-fps wise.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:25 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Thanks for the help so far guys! Mr A, you had some awesome links in there which helped me out a lot.

Please keep the sites comin! Where do you go to find clans for your game? Where do these clans host their sites?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:18 PM

NoNickname has much to be proud of
Well I am a member of Xfire and Clan-less. Xfire is an ok site but there used to be a bunch of @$$holes that would say $hit about clans that wasn't true and some racial stuff but that was taken care of and their accounts were banned, as for clan-less they are awesome, no problems and they have public pubbing servers.

http://nonickname.myminicity.com/
Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 PM

K1LLZ1LLA has much to be proud of
The CoD4 Forums are pretty ballin if your up for Duty.
If your feelin Team Fortressy XD
try Steams Official Forum

for All Over FPS Shootin Craze
THE FPS GAMER
they cover all the Best titles for PC

Oo and for Clans try GameBattles
it lets you post Detailed Descriptions for the type of team you want and expectations. as well as a search engine for the teams that are looking with advanced search options. all your needs. and its run by MLG so its pretty up to date. but its not limited to MLG only games. they have a bunch of games for every system...cept wii of course XD
Old 06-22-2008, 06:26 AM

flickenmaste has much to be proud of
Well I talk about legions on http://www.instantaction.com. Instantaction has a bunch of other games, but they do have an FPS on there!