11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 AM

Ayslynn has set foot on a distinguished road
So sad I am Laughing and crying
1) for 2 and a half years oil company profits have risen by 600% over their previous quarters earnings, Exxon announced that they paid a billion dollars in bonuses to their execs. Now I have no trouble with anyone making a profit , but if oil is costing them so much how are they able to continue to make such huge gains in profit. Oil price goes up but profits increase , now where is that money coming from???? the Farmer, the trucker, US and we are being robbed for their greed

2) Then we have congress asking the farmers why are food prices so High um See one above is the obvious answer but that was not good enough for congress told the farmers to cut there prices as much as they could

3) Probably the saddest and most sillyist is President Bush asking the Saudi prince to produce more oil and bring the price down a little, Um Mr president the high gas prices are not a result of high oil prices it is the result of greed from you and your friends in big oil see 1 above
Old 05-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
They don't care because they already have their fingers into the next 'Engine" and its fuel type required to run it. They've had the working prototype, they settled on how they can make it al happen without upsetting the infrastructure (still use the same transporters and petrol pumps). All they have to do is wait till the headlines read "no more oil" then they'll bring in the 'revolutionary' new wave of engine and fuels, shift production into making the new fuels, get money from patents on the new engine technology being used in 100% of new car manufacture and refurbing old cars.... boom, profits are up 1,000,000%

And despite being cheaper than oil to make/refine it'll still cost more than petrol.

Welcome to the wonderful world of consumerism.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I'd love to be an oil exec right now.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:09 PM

Argonus is a jewel in the community
Its like they're robbing us blind o.O
Old 05-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayslynn View Post
Now I have no trouble with anyone making a profit , but if oil is costing them so much how are they able to continue to make such huge gains in profit.
Because you, the consumer, is willing to pay. Simple, if you stop paying then the prices will go down. You can walk, you can run, you can jog and you can ride a bike. Or even use public transportation. Ofcourse it's neccessary in some fields such as farming, but the average Joe has grown comfortable with using their cars and their planes for transportation. All this time we've been using borrowed energy, fossil fuel has never been sustainable. We're using up more energy per day then the sun gives us, we can't expect that it will go on forever.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
My Economincs teacher said once that the U.S. has 10 years of oil reserves....so that new engine will not happen in our lifetime I think (well, maybe not mine). They will continue to raise the prices, making themselves and their investors money. By this time next year, the gas prices could be over $6.00 a gallon (okay, $5.99 9/10....heh). It seems as if they are trying to get everyone to rely on public transportation....

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 05-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
I'd love to be an oil exec right now.
+1. Yay capitalism. Good on them for making a buck.

Quote:
Because you, the consumer, is willing to pay. Simple, if you stop paying then the prices will go down. You can walk, you can run, you can jog and you can ride a bike. Or even use public transportation. Ofcourse it's neccessary in some fields such as farming, but the average Joe has grown comfortable with using their cars and their planes for transportation. All this time we've been using borrowed energy, fossil fuel has never been sustainable. We're using up more energy per day then the sun gives us, we can't expect that it will go on forever.
+1 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayslynn View Post
Now I have no trouble with anyone making a profit...the Farmer, the trucker, US and we are being robbed for their greed
Seriously, you have no problems with making a profit? But not too much profit, right? The government should just tax them and give it to the proletariat. Who's with me, comrades?
Old 05-23-2008, 04:48 PM

orala has much to be proud of
I've been thinking about this a bit, and part of the problem comes down to pace of life. Without a car I simply could not meet all of my time commitments. I also have a hard time imagining how public transportation will work with small children. Until our culture shifts toward a less busy lifestyle, gasoline will be more of a necessity than something that we can easily boycott.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:

Again, someone thinks that it is as simple as stop buying fuel.... How does the farmer farm, how do the crops get to market, how do you travel to a job 25 ore more miles away. Stop buying all oil products, how are emergency services going to get there. Again a simple answer from a simple mind, though it would help if people would not buy gas on odd days, or if they did not buy gas from say chevron(Standard Oil) in june, then MobilExxon in july, BP in aug etc thingis it has tobe every one,and it means doing research on where your local gas stations buy there gas from. you had it part right , but Fuel is apart of every day life and there is no lets do it like we did a hundred years ago.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:36 PM

Seriously, you have no problems with making a profit? But not too much profit, right? The government should just tax them and give it to the proletariat. Who's with me, comrades?[/quote]

You sir are well not right. there is a line between profit and Price gouging which happens when there is a Monopoly. and If you do not think that the 3 Big oil companies are not a monopoly then you really have no idea about economics and world culture.

for 2 and a half years the oil companies have made 600% more profit than the previous quarter that is 10 quarters so even the small profit of 50 thousand dollars that chevron posted 2 and a half years ago
becomes 303 Billion dollars!!!!!