11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: Do you think that making a poll here will raise up the views counter?
Yes 10 50.00%
No 2 10.00%
Who knows? 4 20.00%
Other, pls specify because your point of view is more interesting than anything else 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Famous Member

Heyian has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Heyian
Interactive matter
Its a simple question, do you think that by the fact I put a poll on top of this thread, I'll get more people looking at this post?

Interaction has always been a favored principle to help people participate into something. But as we know it, many people in the gaming environment are pretty lone people who happens to be mostly social being, while they're behind their computer. It's not a general effect of course, but you'll have to agree that it's pretty common.

So, do you think the interactive matter here will help push this thread or not?

Might think I'm Right, might think I'm Wrong but I'd be honored to read about it!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I'm not sure if it matters, as I (Although I'm quite unique, not alot of people are as awesome as me) just viewed the thread from the Forum page and had no clue that it contained a poll untill I entered the thread.

Edit: Just noticed that it has a Poll icon next to it anyways, I guess if you pay attention then a thread wich contains a poll would probably be more interesting.
Last edited by Sensational : 05-22-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Enthusiast

Ange is a jewel in the community Ange is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to Ange
It really depends on the person browsing through the forum. If one is looking for specific topic which might lead to a post thread like this which consists of a poll. So the view count thingy should be based on each individual.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:08 AM

TheLostkin is a cornerstone of the community TheLostkin is a cornerstone of the community
I like surveys. My opinion is VERY important and all must know it. So I always check out surveys. Okay, maybe not always. And honestly, my opinion doesn't seem to carry a lot of weight. But hey, it was fun to act like it did.

-L

Old 06-15-2008, 01:49 AM

Koding has much to be proud of
Sure...it made me look.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:27 AM

MrAchievement has much to be proud of
I only looked because I saw that Koding was the most recent post... I generally stick to topics that I am interested in the Title or have made it to a second page and I want to know what all the fuss is about.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Its more a matter of thread content, if I'm honest with you. Having a poll means nothing if the subject itself is uninteresting, or bores the hell out of everyone.

I mean, if I was to do a thread about 'if Kira Knightly where ice-cream, which topping would you have?' and add a variety of toppings, sprinkles etc, who knows what response that would get?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:28 PM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
Intriguing title, poll attached - made me look.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Enthusiast

eidanch is a jewel in the community eidanch is a jewel in the community
Interactive stuff mostly attract pepole so a poll would give you a few more views.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast

Jamion is a jewel in the community Jamion is a jewel in the community
I think in many ways it will simply cause the individuals get to voice an opinion with out actually saying something. And then it will attract others simply because they'll be like WTF and view just to see WTH it's about. Then there's people like me who will view so they way we can comment in detail about the poll and the thread in general.

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration