11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
The truth about turtles
I am writing new takeaways for our gamerDNA RTS quiz. Here is what I have so far for turtle:

You could rush if you wanted to, but that playstyle style is just not fun for you. You like to get the lay of the land and your defenses up and running before engaging the enemy. You actually enjoy the building aspect as much as moving units around and attacking. You play for fun and are not that interested in being known for "ubermicro" For this reason it's best to look for other turtles to play with.

I am a turtle, but when I answered the questions in the quiz, I did not give turtle answers. That's because I know how to win, I just don't want to do it. I answered the questions with what I know, not what I do, so I came up commander. Did anyone else have similar experiences?

So what do you think if you are a turtle? Is this good?
Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
I ended up coming out turtle, but I'm a special case of turtle - I'm a tech tree addict. It's a side effect of being brought up on the Civilization series.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I tried to answer all the quiz answers as honestly as possible.
Being (or at least feeling like) a newbie, I did answer I wanted to learn from my sessions.
I suppose once I'm getting more used to playing more RTS games my results will shift.
Anyway, I ended up as such:

And yes, I feel comfortable with your turtle description.
I like going the SimCity route and building a nice-looking base at least as much as causing destruction.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I also like your turtle description. I love the building aspect, watching my empire grow is alot more fun than destroying my opponent's. I guess it depends on the game though, being a turtle in some games is just not possible, in games where you have to rush the resource points or where the base defenses are not very strong.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
As much as I wish I had uber micro, I'm comfortable knowing I don't have it, nor will I probably ever have it. *practices his air micro*