11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 10-28-2008, 12:57 AM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Red Alert 3
So, the game is available for preorder on Direct2Drive now - I highly recommend it over the EA store, as the EA store has an artificial limitation on how long you can re-download it, while on Direct2Drive I can re download my copy of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory whenever I want.

If not Steam, go D2D!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
The only reason I'd play that game is for the Tim Curry clips.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Enthusiast

Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community
That was not the point of this thread... Read the post maybe, and not just the title?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgra View Post
That was not the point of this thread... Read the post maybe, and not just the title?
What point? I see Imran pointing out that he thinks that people should use D2D, beyond that there's no actual grounds for discussion of any kind. It's simply a thread about Red Alert 3 with no question of any kind, nothing to reply to.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Ordered it on Disk, mainly because my ISP only allows me 500mb a day at full speed before cutting me back to 1/4 my top speed. Bastards. Gonna be Friday before I can play it, but that doesn't bother me, I have things to get on with before it arrives (Which wont get done if it arrives tomorrow).
Old 10-28-2008, 10:56 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Before we get all hostile, let's just agree that the game is going to be fun, and I invite any/all of you to play with me - just find me on xfire (cximran)!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Its a C&C game, of course its going to be good.
(Generals and Zero hour are NOT C&C games, hey just use a similar system is all.)
Old 10-28-2008, 11:55 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Woah woah woah - Don't hate on Generals - I loved that game, and it is arguably my favorite C&C "Franchise" game.

But, I can see how people didn't like it - It strayed from a lot of Fundamental C&C concepts - I liked them, but I can see how some wouldn't.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:01 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
I will work!

Generals was awesome!

Red Alert 2 was awesome too, though, so I'm definitely going to have to check out this game
Old 10-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Despite playing (and enjoying) the beta, I'm still not sure if I should get this. The only other C&C-ish game I've played in the past was Zero Hour, and I had a lot of fun with that, but for some reason I'm not jumping up and down to get RA3 when it comes out. Maybe eventually, but now? Dunno.

It quite possibly has something to do with the live action trailers. Which, please don't flame me, I know many other people really like, but they personally do nothing for me. Probably due to my not being invested/interested in the C&C franchise as a whole and only having played ZH previously. Digit tells me that the live action clips are a kind of C&C staple and long-time fans of the series enjoy them. They kind of put me off, though. :-\

I guess we'll see; I look forward to reading people's thoughts about the game once it comes out and you've all been playing it for a bit.