11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 05-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
Question Suggestions sub forum?
I wasn't sure if there was one here, so I guess I will post here.

If there hasn't already been a mention for this maybe there should be a suggestion sub forum implemented? I haven't seen anything for posting or sending ideas to the people in charge here.

Also.....is there a "Mood" button on our profile page? If not, is that something that can get implemented? Maybe something fun to do.....

Or maybe just a way to let people who visit your page what you are currently feeling like.

Like I said, I wasn't sure where to post this, so I did it here.

Sorry if it is in the wrong spot.

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 05-12-2008, 04:16 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
The addition of sub-forums is on the overall feature wish list, but there are a lot of things in front of it, like guild galleries and DKP to name just two.

You other idea about mood is interesting. How do you envision something like that would work? We'd like to hear more.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:15 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
On the topic of mood, we are using that in the new "Gamer Experiences" feature that is available in the site beta (click the button in the header!) and is the eventual evolution of blogging.

For experiences, you can add them and tie them to a game or a guild... and then you provide a mood. So if you playing a game and you are frustrated, you can explain why... if you are happy, you can explain why. Over time it gives you an interesting picture of your gaming mood as you interact with different games or have different memories.

We plan to do some really awesome visualizations with that too eventually as we get more data.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:56 PM

LuvITorHATEit has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to LuvITorHATEit Send a message via AIM to LuvITorHATEit Send a message via MSN to LuvITorHATEit Send a message via Yahoo to LuvITorHATEit Send a message via Skype™ to LuvITorHATEit
You can of course shout your mood in your personal shoutbox and visitors to your page can shout to you too. As for a suggestions forum well yeah use this forum I think. Ok friends NICE SITE!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Enthusiast

Ange is a jewel in the community Ange is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to Ange
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeAgent View Post
On the topic of mood, we are using that in the new "Gamer Experiences" feature that is available in the site beta (click the button in the header!) and is the eventual evolution of blogging.

For experiences, you can add them and tie them to a game or a guild... and then you provide a mood. So if you playing a game and you are frustrated, you can explain why... if you are happy, you can explain why. Over time it gives you an interesting picture of your gaming mood as you interact with different games or have different memories.

We plan to do some really awesome visualizations with that too eventually as we get more data.
Just wondering if it is possible to make it so we type in the mood instead. Since sometimes the list from the drop-down menu just don't seem to describe the exact "mood". Also sometimes it can be both like...happy and excited and its hard to really choose one
Old 05-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
Well, I was thinking maybe we could have some little avatars, near our name or profile picture. Animated would be nice, if possible. I am sure that it would take a lot of coding to do, so I do realize it is a bit much to ask for. I don't know. I guess I am just a little upset today, and was hoping to let my (2) friends know how I was feeling...rather than post a thread about it, or blog it.

it would have just been a little easier to put up a smiley or something that said "Mourning". I figure then, if anyone wanted to know they would be able to ask me.

But anyway, out of the gloom for a minute....

I suppose you could do it with animated smileys, kind of like the ones we use in the forums; or maybe you could use some sliightly bigger, and possibly more detailed ones? I just thougth it would be a nice idea really.

Other than that, I understand that some things take precidence over others. So I don't expect you to jump right on this here....I just wanted to submit an idea to you.

I like the Beta profile by the way.

My Pets
Old 05-13-2008, 01:42 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
These are all good ideas... and maybe we can go somewhere with that in the future. My initial reaction is that it starts to be like live Journal... so there is a balance in there between turning gamerDNA into a personal blogging site vs. it being a place to capture your gaming history.

Over time, we will be turning on our auto-history engine as well... so that you won't even have to write the gamer experiences, they will be written for you as you play the games... so our end goal is to only have you manually write the experiences that are critical to your gaming.

But I suppose that gaming (since it is done by a person) has a huge emotional component that is derived from things that are happening in your life... and those happenings might be an important part of the context of your gaming mood...

This is a neat discussion. I am interested in what people think along the lines of how you would plan to use GamerDNA. The stated goal is to capture your gaming experiences... how many other experiences do you want us to capture? Your GamerDNA profile is suppose to be YOU and your gaming history... how much personal history do you think is going to bleed into that?
Old 05-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast

Ahhh, I see. Yes, I think you are right. It is much better left as it is. Mood can be set in the blogs....just I am not sure how many people really go to them anymore, since the forums seem to be more active on most sites I have been to.

I did have another suggestion when I first joined though...a couple of questions to ask players signing up to get their personality molded more like them. They were about how they would handle the situation....

One, if I can remember it right, was a scenario where you are in a spot on a map that you go to regularly to level. You are there for a while alone (over an hour). Suddenly, another player comes on, and begins mobbing everything in the area.....how do you react?

The other, I believe was more of a question.....basically asking what kind of a player you are, and listing options like easy going, territorial, agressive, etc.

I don't remember seeing these there...and I think it would be interesting to see what answers would be generated from those 2 ideas.

*Gaming Experiences.....I have yet to do this. I guess I am trying to figure out how to express those right now. I will get to it soon though.

My Pets
Old 05-14-2008, 03:11 AM
gamerDNA Staff

The question idea is a good one. We already have quizzes that define "attitudes" on how you would react in certain situations. We will be building this out into more of a psychological profile that will dovetail with the Bartle Quiz to create a unique picture of you as a gamer... From that we can do all sorts of great things to match you up to other gamers, guilds, games, etc that might fit your play style... are you a solo player or a team player? Do you prefer support roles? tank roles? Do you like sci fi vs fantasy worlds? etc... So look for that in the future once we launch the new profiles.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:18 AM
Enthusiast

That will be nice to see and do! I have always wondered which I am more of though. It seems I like to party at times, but find it peaceful when I run solo.....I suppose it depends on my mood? At any rate, it will be nice to see what the test results say.

My Pets