11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 04-30-2008, 04:44 PM

hawkenz has set foot on a distinguished road
Lets go the opposite way: What makes a good guild member?
If you see these qualities in a player they just might be a keeper for your guild: This is probably more for the raid guild leader and more on the hardcore side but the other qualities are also useful.
  1. Knowing that bosses do not go down right away after 1 attempt.
  2. Looks at the bright side of a wipe and learning from the mistakes that were made instead of trying to assign blame.
  3. Able to control their own temper.
  4. Is empathetic and is able to keep the feelings of other players under consideration before taking any actions.
  5. Is aware that being prepared for raids on time and always showing up is better then being skilled and talented. (Truth)
  6. Willing to listen to negative feedback in order to become a better player.
  7. Has a high sense of self esteem and confidence.
  8. Knows that MMO's can be a communication barrier as in game text does not fully communicate the emotion or feelings of the other person and does not hesitate to ask for clarification.
  9. Willing to ask questions until understanding is achieved.
  10. Willing to answer questions until understanding is achieved.
  11. Knows the difference between needing an epic and wanting an epic. (Get rid of the greeders quick)
  12. Aware that MMO you play today is like computer technology and that whatever you play now will be outdated later.
  13. Accepts responsibility for their own actions and mistakes.
  14. Knows the difference between confidence and arrogance.
  15. Realizes that there are real people behind the characters and treats them as such.(Hooray for maturity)
  16. Understands that gear is earned and not freely given.
  17. Behaves gracefully under pressure.
  18. Gives 110% effort in everything they do.
  19. Has an open mind and is willing to try anything.
  20. Exhibiting patience and calm after wipes. (Nothing worse than someone ranting for hours about what happened and why)
Old 04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I guess that would be qualities for the extreme carebear PvE guild. As for hardcore PvP, well I'm honestly too lazy to compile a list.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
The ability to NOT be a self serving tool.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:04 PM

hawkenz has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
I guess that would be qualities for the extreme carebear PvE guild. As for hardcore PvP, well I'm honestly too lazy to compile a list.
I wasn't really gearing towards PvE or PvP pure guilds. Just some good qualities of people you would like to have around you.

If I had the best PvP player in the world on my team and he was an asshat or did not get along with anyone, I would be more than happy to send him on his way.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Famous Member

Lamorgana is community member of note
Yes, this seems more a question for PVe...I think the PVP community has a different set of guildies...coming from my own experience I would say PVP community is much more difficult to manage...Ragers!

http://www.kimdean.com
Kisss My [AXE]
Old 05-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Enthusiast

MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community
Great list and not so much a PVP vs PVE differentiation as it might even be that some principals apply to all games and some will vary from game to game. For instance in Shadowbane Trust and Loyalty would have been much higher than in say EQ2 or LOTRO. (Just speaking from my own experience) Great thread though and lots of comments to give consideration.

http://www.bardstavern.net
Old 05-03-2008, 05:28 AM

zetathompson has much to be proud of
Good list. Most are things I look for plus the ability to fit in with the clan or guild's personality or flavor. Some guilds are party guilds, some have attitude. Don't want someone who doesn't understand roleplaying and that my marcy character and my Freida character are very different people in a roleplaying guild. THey get confused and other guild members get frustrated so I think the only thing i would add is do they understand what your guild is about?