11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 07-07-2008, 05:53 PM

Cormyre has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
Question Medievia
With Medievia getting a huge update soon they've been contacting old players to come back... I find it odd that for a game thats been around for 17 years and normally had 400+ people on at all hours of the day that I'm the only one that has it in their history? Any Medievia players out there?

for the uninitiated:

Have you ever wanted to jump into a book and live inside that world? Here is your chance.
The Medievia game world is open for free to the whole English-speaking world. We will always be free, and we will never close down.
"This game will shock the world. How can an interactive text game shock the world? We opened in 1991 and never stopped adding things. Today, 17 years later, we are six to ten months away from finishing the most in-depth multi-player game world ever contemplated. This is a Google-sized jump in game features and potential never before seen.
"You can build your own house, have your own pet to train, try to become a hero, even have kids and make your own bloodline. You may become a pirate, be a trader, or even be elected Governor. The citizens in the game speak of your deeds, and the dragons you fly know you and speak to you. You can hire workers and start your own business and expand your town's land. The workers run your business 24/7, even as you may be offline. The goods you produce become part of the economy as players trade in a real supply and demand environment. You will do many things as a player here in Medievia, you may even be the one to save the world during war and forever become part of Medievia lore.
"The power of a text game has never fully been explored. While other multiplayer worlds are designing for more frames per second, we are designing for more things to do and new ways for people to play together. While other expensive games must purge their playerbase and force everyone to start over so they can cash in on the next big buck, the free Medievia game world has been getting more real and more feature-rich for nearly two decades.
"Do you Dare Enter? Do you want to make some new friends right now? I promise you an experience that will last a lifetime."
-Vryce, father of Medievia.

http://www.medievia.com
Last edited by Cormyre : 07-07-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
Sounds interesting.

Although, I fear I have been spoiled by MMO's now. But, I will at least give it a lookie-see..

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 07-08-2008, 07:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
Oddly enough I could never get into MMO's they just seemed to slow and I love scripting so MUD's were right up my alley... though tend to slow me down more as I go "oh that could be scripted" link to safe spot and script a little come back kill, get another idea and back at it again... vicious cycle =P
Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 PM

Soleil has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Do you DARE Enter?
Hi!

This is Soleil, Goddess of the Sun on Medievia. Thanks to Cormyre for starting this thread. I urge any and all to check out the game - it truly is something different and intriguing. If you don't mind reading a bit, it will keep you engrossed for hours on end. Check it out

http://www.medievia.com
Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 PM

Hey Soleil, welcome to GamerDNA! ^_^

First the owners, then the clantown and eventually the whole Med world(s) will be here... mwahaha
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 AM

Soleil has much to be proud of
Double Experience Weekend!
NEW NEWS!! All Experience is doubled until Monday morning. This is the perfect time to try Medievia out!

Look for Soleil in the game for extra help and friendship.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:09 PM

Ifeeljuiicy is an unknown quantity at this point
So i downloaded it and am trying to play it but everytime i try and open up the client nothing happens.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:13 PM

what client did you download?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:20 PM

Ifeeljuiicy is an unknown quantity at this point
i downloaded the Windows one. and i got it to open now but it says the connection can not be made because the machine host denied it?

HAHa any help with that one?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 PM

sorry about the delay... the site didn't email me when you replied back... *whaps it*

MM2k6 should auto connect... all the settings are still default from the install?

Going to remote into my home machine and see if I can replicate the issue