11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 04-04-2008, 05:30 AM

romerboy55 is a cornerstone of the community romerboy55 is a cornerstone of the community
just a few questions for guild leaders
ok so i just have a few questions for experienced guild leaders.

my first question is this. i am currently a member of a braking down guild, our guild only has about 20 people but the thing is that almost have of them have stopped playing wow. so the question is what would everyone recommend doing to build it back up? I've been trying to recruit people that are looking for a guild but almost all of them leave when they see that half haven't logged in for about 3 weeks, i thought about kicking them but i don't know what would seem more appalling to potential recruits, having only about 10 people that have been on recently or having 20 with half not.

the second question is this. my guild's leader is going through some life issues(getting ready to go to school, starting a job, and moving) and is not able to play very much, so the question is how should i go about asking to be promoted to guild leader? i have a few things that i would like to try to do to recruit members but with the restrictions that are in place it is increadably hard to really do anything.

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

sorry for any misspelled words, i cant spell to saev mi lif
Old 04-04-2008, 11:41 AM

Baraphantom has much to be proud of
Um with the people that havent logged in for 3 weeks i found it easier to get recruits with them booted. I have a policy of about 30 days without logging on, without giving me a prior note or pm then that person is booted. i have only led one guild though so if anyone else has a different opinion they are probably right
Old 04-04-2008, 01:37 PM

Brittaniey is a jewel in the community Brittaniey is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to Brittaniey
I also agree with Baraphantom. I have not founded a guild, But was promoted into the chief possition... I have a similuar policy that if after 30 days in activie you may be booted, I usually start by demoting them first,
In my guild I only promote one day a week, so higher rank has more time to log in, but once your back to recruit, Your out,
I think this makes the guild look more healthier, I currently have 87 memebrs and only 3 have been afk for over 1 month.
Well, if this makes sence or helps i don't know... it is what it is..

Crimsonshadow.guildcafe.com

[URL="
Old 04-04-2008, 04:54 PM

Sneek is a cornerstone of the community Sneek is a cornerstone of the community Sneek is a cornerstone of the community
I guess you should consider if you want to actually lead a guild or if you'd just rather be in another guild. If the guildleader doesn't have time to lead, it's not necessarily needed to take over. You might as well take the few guys who are active and you have fun with and join another guild together. Depending on the game this might be very welcome in a guild who just needs a couple of people more to start up some raids etc.

If you are really determined to keep to this guild then that's admirable and you should discuss it with the guildleader in emails or whatever, because I guess he's hard to reach. Tell him you want to try and make the guild work again and that you want to see to it but you need the guildleaders role to do so because he's too busy. And then check out the other threads about attracting people. But most important with all tactics/recruiting strategies is patience and time. That's what makes things work!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Legendary Gamer

Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community
I've got a couple of articles that may help:

1. Why Guilds Fail

2. How To Build A Successful Guild

I will tell you right now that a roster full of people who haven't logged in for a long time is more damaging than just having a small roster.

Also if you don't have the permissions you need to rebuild the guild, then seriously consider making a new one.
Motto: Killing With Style
Old 04-05-2008, 01:40 AM

BurriStonnsson has much to be proud of
Having run a WOW guild , our policy on absenteeism, assuming no notice or explanation had been given, was a demotion to Inactive rank after 30 days , then a week or so later, removal from the guild.
It's all very well to claim a big membership, but, as in all aspects of life, it's not how big it is, it's what you do wi.....Emmm.....*grins*

As for taking over the leadership, talk to the leader, ask him if he'd like you to take over, even temporarily while he gets his other issues sorted...
See how he reacts, and, as mentioned above, there's always the option of forming a new guild instead.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:52 AM

Baraphantom has much to be proud of
sweet i actually got something write!!!!! errr um i mean right lol
Old 04-05-2008, 10:08 AM

romerboy55 is a cornerstone of the community romerboy55 is a cornerstone of the community
thank you everyone for the advice. i just hope that i can reserect this guild as its not looking like anyone is going to be logging on any time soon, and i have thought alot about leaving but i have put in so much effert into helping build it that i really dont want to just throw it all away.

sorry for any misspelled words, i cant spell to saev mi lif
Old 04-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Legendary Gamer

Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community
Good luck man!
Motto: Killing With Style
Old 04-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Enthusiast

MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community
It is rather odd that some people find it much lonelier to find themselves in what they thought was a large guild and only a few players than a really small guild just starting out. You have one big thing to your advantage in that WOW is so huge and still has lots of fresh folks coming in that it might be that rebuilding is less of an uphill climb. Before approaching your guild master about taking over or even a limited transfer of power you would be best served by evaluating your own level of commitment and enthusiasm and if after that self test you feel ready to take it on and are ready for the ups and downs make your case politely and be prepared for a yes or a no.

http://www.bardstavern.net