11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 04-14-2007, 11:16 PM

HellDestroyer has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to HellDestroyer Send a message via MSN to HellDestroyer Send a message via Yahoo to HellDestroyer
Exclamation Blizzard
I would Like some inpute on what some people think of blizzard.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Enthusiast

alomo has set foot on a distinguished road
to me, there are two RTS giants, EA's C&C series and Blizzards warcraft/starcraft series. between the two series, i would say the Warcraft/starcraft series is better. all things being equal, I think blizzard had the best touch. when starcraft hit the scene, it broke the mold for RTS games. up until that time, RTS games had two sides, each side was identical to the other one in what they could do, just about. starcraft came out, and it was like 'Wow, not one side, not two, but THREE playable sides! and each side is totally different! the cut scenes were also incredible. i think they revolutionalized the rts game genre.

(now, i am not saying the EA series was bad. it is good.)

now, speaking of online games, World of Warcraft is something else as well. while it might not have created anything original, what they did was streamline things and make so that a casual player could play it. it is a simple game made for the masses. I think it has something along the lines of 10 million players now.

i know blizzard planned on making a console first person shooter type of game called something along the lines of 'starcraft: ghost.' i saw a few quick clips of that, and it made me want to get a console system just so i could play that!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
I'm looking forward to StarCraft 2. A friend of my said that Blizzard had announced the development of SC2 (not the hoax).

Old 04-15-2007, 04:49 PM

Tjuhl is a cornerstone of the community Tjuhl is a cornerstone of the community Tjuhl is a cornerstone of the community
Blizzard is strange... somehow I always like their games in the beginning... but after a while of playing them, I start to hate them, the game design, just about everything they do.

They make straight-forward games. Nothing really innovative - everything they accomplished is based on the ideas of others, but transferred into great gameplay and accessability.

Economically very effective, though.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Drahen has much to be proud of
I think they are a company that only puts out really high quality PC games.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:51 AM

Aseenus is an unknown quantity at this point
imo the more they grow and the more money they get... they become less of a gaming company and more of a company... they stopped caring about making games etc and there now focusing too much on making money through t-shirts, figurines etc..
Old 06-10-2007, 06:00 PM

Immanuel has much to be proud of
I think they were making great games (warcraft and diablo) when other people were still learning and they have stuck with lines they were successful with.

I like that they won't release something until its ready to play. I hate the games that come on "on time" but stink until 3 patches have come out.

Lastly as one of the few MAC loyal companies I love them for that.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Blizzard is a company that believes in quality over quantity and it's the reason that StarCraft Ghost will never see light. Pity really, it was a victim of bad timing. Being a console title near the end of the xbox's lifecycle, the game was not yet finished so they had two choices: release an unfinished product or complete the work only to release on a dead console. It's rare to see a company shelf a nearly finished product like this, so for that they have earned my respect. However, this put the nail in the coffin outside of PC games for Blizzard shall never again develop for a console.

Which is the bigger loss?

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 06-10-2007, 08:35 PM

Sierron has much to be proud of
I think that Blizzard is still a good company. They still put out entertaining games. While I'm not really looking forward to Starcraft 2, even though I'll probably buy it and play it. I was rather disappointed that it wasn't another Diablo game that they announced, but I'll get over it. Sure, they take a long time to make a game, but like someone else in this thread said, that's not a bad thing. It's good that they will not release it until they feel it is ready to be, no matter how much others might want it right now.

Someone else said, that it's a shame they wont make anymore games for consoles. To that, I say that's not a bad thing, actually I think that is good. Now don't get me wrong, I love consoles, but only for certain types of games. I just not think that FPSs nod RTSs should ever come out on a console. I've never liked the controls that they use for FPSs on any of the consoles, so I usually tend to stay away from those. Now I suppose if consoles supported a keyboard and mouse for the FPS/RTS games on them, that I would feel differently, but as it stands now, I'll stick to those on the PC.

I do think though, that Blizzard like nearly every other game company out there are focusing too much on MMO's, and no longer just single player PC games. I think that fact is rather sad though. Sure, I've played MMOs, but I just never have gotten into them very much, and after a month or two, I usually loose my enjoyment of them. I'm not sure if I like this direction or not, and think it'd be nice if there was a company that would just make a nice, fun single player game, that would be enjoyable for once. I think perhaps most companies have lost their focus when it comes to this.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 AM

Monad the Hunter has much to be proud of
Blizzard is da bomb in my eyes, with SC and WoW (Two of the most awesome games ever) they have dominated the gaming industry. At least that's what I think.