11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 03-15-2008, 08:35 AM

TattooingDragon is community member of note
How do I get in game guild members to join?
Ok Now that I have my guildcafe guild how do I get all or most of my members to join from the game? I have 28 members but only 13 are guildcafe members and are members of the guild website here. Not everyone plays at the same times and I left a message posted on the guild in game roster but I don't think everyone really knows that it is there. What can I do ?
Having this website here is of no use if no one joins!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
try incentives. 50% is a good ratio believe it or not from past experience. Require new members to register here before they are allowed in.

Find something newsworthy about your guild or game and post it on your guild site here. Then in game announce it and tell them to come here, register and check it out maybe.

Being a guild leader is about always marketing yourself and your guild, even within unfortunately.

Maybe post a guild schedule or event of some kind and direct them to it.

gaming news
Old 03-22-2008, 11:27 PM

TattooingDragon is community member of note
I have tried incentives (screenshot contest, recruiting challenge) but it seems as if most of my in-game members just don't play anymore when I am on and getting them from the game to the website has become a really big issue. I know that I have a message directing them to the guildcafe when they open up their buddy /guild list but if they aren't looking there then what can I do?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Two words: blackmail

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 PM

twig526 has much to be proud of
Don't feel bad OP. I have 200+ guild members and 7 are registered here. I have tried bribery, blackmail, begging, ordering, basically everything under the sun to get people here.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community
It seems we as guild leaders always have a certain percentage of our members that post in forums and then an even lower percentage that take it to the next level like making custom sigs for guild mates or contributing art work to the guild website and then you have the truly dedicate folks who will join you on a social stie and that seems to be anywhere from 5% to 33% of your members. Of course the best way to appeal to folks is to bring informed self interest into the mix. If you are really lucky you might have a user that acts as a catalyst and tries a site like this one on a whim and ends up exciting everyone about it. Sometimes as guild leaders we can fall into the trap of seeming too much like parents and always telling folks what to do until they reach a point where they only pay attention to about half of what you say so you would amazed how profound of an impact the guild slacker can have on selling a new idea. The whole life cereal ad campaign built around if Mikey likes it; well it must be good because he hates everything can play to your favor.

http://www.bardstavern.net
Old 05-03-2008, 05:32 AM

zetathompson has much to be proud of
Try naming names in a positive way. Like George just posted a cool graphic on the guild site. Man is he talented. People like recognition. If they see that that they may get that by joining this site it might help. It will also help your other members to talk it up.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Kiiyu has much to be proud of
All members of my guild are told to sign up abon entry to the guild. Raids and contest are ran from the website. they have to sign up from there if they dont they can go. Good way to get them to do it.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:42 PM

LuvITorHATEit has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to LuvITorHATEit Send a message via AIM to LuvITorHATEit Send a message via MSN to LuvITorHATEit Send a message via Yahoo to LuvITorHATEit Send a message via Skype™ to LuvITorHATEit
Tell your members they get no goodies unless they sign up and use the forums, and that you'll kick them out if they do not use the forums here on guildcafe. It works. If people don't use the forums it shows a serious lack of commitment on their part.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:56 AM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
I see a lot of good ideas in this thread so far....hopefully you have implemented them and they have worked.

My Guild in game and here is one member; myself. I won't bore you with the details..... I would like to offer up a suggestion though.

Run a Guild wide contest; post a message that everyone will look at or talk about. Something like:

"Rank the highest on your GuildCafe profile and you will be crowned the new Guild Advisor!!!" (or what ever the alternate controling member in your Guild Management structure is).

Set a time limit for joining, and a time limit for the contest. Maybe more players will join your site here, all trying to become your 1st....

Just an option.

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets