11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 AM

kermitdfrog has much to be proud of
Myth II: Soulblighter
Hands down the best multiplayer RTS game ever made. Released in 1998... had an enormous online following until official bungie.net server shut down in 2002(?). STILL has an active community (mariusnet.com) and many tournaments. The game is no longer sold on shelves, but can be easily found on amazon.com or ebay.com... demo version also available for download at http://projectmagma.net/what/. Definitely worth a look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_II:_Soulblighter

Old 03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
YEAH! That's what I'm talking about! I miss this game so much......
I'm glad to see SOMEONE knows what I'm talking about, and not mistaking it for Myst.

I think the first time I had Dwarves toss a grenade up a hill, and saw it roll back into my forces and blast them to pieces.....it sucked, but I was giddy with glee.

Multiplayer was beautiful too....remember my genius friend on the first game bum rushing me with nothing but Barbarians so I had these skeleton spear chucker guys positioned under a bridge and showered those melee fools charging my flag.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 03-05-2009, 02:13 AM

kermitdfrog has much to be proud of
if you miss it so much, then download the demo/order a copy and start playing it again! I encourage others to do the same... the community is starving for more players!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:28 PM

Krushr has much to be proud of
Oh man, I remember playing a demo of this back in the day. I'll have to check it out again, Cheers for the thread reminding me!