11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 03-06-2008, 12:30 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Lightbulb (ARG) Alternate Reality Game
I wanted to create this thread to see who in the GuildCafe community had taken part and has interest in Alternate Reality Games.

For information about what an ARG is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

I've taken part of a couple ARG's in the past, most recently the ARG that Trent Reznor created for the Nine Inch Nails album "Year Zero". The ARG was so compelling and interesting it made me buy the album (which I ended up liking). The detail he went into with the ARG was astounding with several phone numbers, over 20 websites, thermal ink on the CD that changes with heat, etc. It was just awesome

Anyways, please tell us about your ARG experiences and if you're interesting in them
Old 03-11-2008, 03:16 AM

Tachysus is community member of note
I usually go to this site and see what if any is coming up, sometimes good sometimes meh, but usually its enough to pique my interest in some.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 AM

morrock has much to be proud of
I've only particapated in the Cloverfield ARG. They put so much detail into it and designed such a deep backstory that can only be seen there, not in the movie. I'm buying me a Slusho! T-shirt

I'd like to play some more ARG's though.
Who would win in a fight: Duke Nukem Forever or Darkfall?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:19 PM

Kiyoshi the Flaccid has much to be proud of
I, too, participated in the Year Zero ARG. It was the first one I had ever participated in. I gotta say, 42 Production knows their shit when it comes to making ARGs. I already knew I'd like the music on Year Zero before I bought the album, because I'd listened to the tracks they leaked as part of the ARG. But, I also think I liked the music that much more once it had been released, just because I knew the story and the meaning behind each and every song, because I'd gotten to know the world each song was talking about.

And it makes me scared for the future, haha.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:45 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Actually GuildCafe has an ARG of its own in our super secret underground lab where we create transforming robots from GamerDNA.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Famous Member

Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence
Hmmm transforming robots...yummy.

But what do they transform into if using gamerDNA? Couches? Cake?

On a ARG game note I was one of the five people who played and really enjoyed Majestic and was sad to see it die.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:10 AM

Drakiis is a jewel in the community Drakiis is a jewel in the community

The Next ARG
Old 04-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Famous Member

Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence Grimparrot is bathed in a white light of excellence
Nice lol

Old 05-25-2008, 02:05 PM

Primus pilus has much to be proud of
I am a part of a group of designers and writers working on ARGs. I would love to discuss anything ARG related with those interested...
Old 05-25-2008, 03:36 PM

Argonus is a jewel in the community
I've played a few ARGs before, but after awhile they get kinda corny with the way they go with their storyline.