11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Recruiting & Announcements

Old 02-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Cessation is a jewel in the community Cessation is a jewel in the community
Many were of the same view 7 years ago when talk of Darkfall started. It picked up again 3 years ago when it was "just around the corner to open beta invites". Even up to a year ago with "Beta invites in the next month or so".

Most here have already gone through the Darkfall excitement/disappointment/anger/burnout/ennui and are to the point of poking a little fun at the folks who scream the praises of it.

Don't get me wrong if/when it ever comes out I will play it, but until that time the same type of situation will continue to come around that the game is vaporware.

Maybe Darkfall can make the journey like Middle Earth Online did from beginning in 1998 and finally releasing as LOTRO in 2006, but until that time the folks already burned will poke fun at the corner preachers and soon welcome them into their fold as they realize their folly.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar'grath View Post
If you take the time to read the post, download the video, and look at the screens, you'll see that Darkfall is absolutely gorgeous and is almost ready for beta.
If you'd take the time to actually base your posts in knowledge of whom your comments are directed rather than trolling everyone who doesn't jump on your "Yay Darkfall" bandwagon you'd realize I've been gaming probably longer than you've been alive, known about Darkfall for years, and been there/done that with the website, forums and videos, besides the fact that I never talked it down in the first place. You're quickly becoming a waste of bandwidth.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:38 PM

Sar'grath is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessation View Post
Many were of the same view 7 years ago when talk of Darkfall started. It picked up again 3 years ago when it was "just around the corner to open beta invites". Even up to a year ago with "Beta invites in the next month or so".

Most here have already gone through the Darkfall excitement/disappointment/anger/burnout/ennui and are to the point of poking a little fun at the folks who scream the praises of it.

Don't get me wrong if/when it ever comes out I will play it, but until that time the same type of situation will continue to come around that the game is vaporware.

Maybe Darkfall can make the journey like Middle Earth Online did from beginning in 1998 and finally releasing as LOTRO in 2006, but until that time the folks already burned will poke fun at the corner preachers and soon welcome them into their fold as they realize their folly.
That vid I posted is at 97% download for me. I've seen it once in low-quality and it looks so gorgeous that it is impossible that anyone would take the time to make something like that if it was vaporware.

Watch the video, and then decide if its vaporware or not.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaya View Post
If you'd take the time to actually base your posts in knowledge of whom your comments are directed rather than trolling everyone who doesn't jump on your "Yay Darkfall" bandwagon you'd realize I've been gaming probably longer than you've been alive, known about Darkfall for years, and been there/done that with the website, forums and videos, besides the fact that I never talked it down in the first place. You're quickly becoming a waste of bandwidth.
Once again, not talking to you. You have a Founding Tag under your name so I kinda assumed you'd have years and years of experience.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
FORUMS 101:

Rule 1:
Don't quote someone, make a comment, and later say "it wasn't to you." Either you aren't sharp enough to quote correctly, or you look like you're just throwing out snide remarks and withdrawing them when someone takes you on.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaya View Post
FORUMS 101:

Rule 1:
Don't quote someone, make a comment, and later say "it wasn't to you." Either you aren't sharp enough to quote correctly, or you look like you're just throwing out snide remarks and withdrawing them when someone takes you on.
To Armaya: Okay, I got it. I'll make sure to be more clear with my posts.

To everyone: So yeah. Theres my guild and I can't wait for Darkfall.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:50 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
OMGZ! Let me put this succinctly:
Need I say more?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
Need I say more?
LOL. I get it.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Cool
And to think... Only a few days ago, we were complaining about how slow things were getting.

But it looks like this is going to be a big year. First that DNF teaser video. And now to hear the news that Darkfall's being releas... well going into bet... well not exactly beta. But there's reliable.. well, rumor is that it's going to... well not exactly rumor, but there's a teaser video. Where's my credit card, I'm ready to preorder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar'grath View Post
Why don't you just go back to TROLLing and forget about the decent games out there.
Fixed.

(I also came here to chew gum and kick ass. Lucky for me, I have plenty of gum left.)

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 02-23-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
And to think... Only a few days ago, we were complaining about how slow things were getting.

But it looks like this is going to be a big year. First that DNF teaser video. And now to hear the news that Darkfall's being releas... well going into bet... well not exactly beta. But there's reliable.. well, rumor is that it's going to... well not exactly rumor, but there's a teaser video. Where's my credit card, I'm ready to preorder!

Fixed.

(I also came here to chew gum and kick ass. Lucky for me, I have plenty of gum left.)
So...you're on my side?