The following changes are going live Friday evening 2/11, about 5:00PM ET.
- Comments on images changes:
- Any user can now comment on an image multiple times
- Users can reply to comments with a new comment
Guild Invitation Tweaks
- You may now lock threads (which prevents further posts/edits within the thread).
- We have deployed the first phase of some functionality that will enable guilds to form alliances with each other and share common forums for coordinating activities. However, the interface to activate this feature is not available yet. If your guild is friends with another guild, and you'd like to give this feature a try, please let us know and we'll activate it for you!
To make life easier for guild leaders who are trying to get their guild into GuildCafe, we have done two fixes:
- First, we no longer require email verification for users who head to the guild join page, and sign up with a new user. This should make for a more streamlined process for new users signing up.
- Second, we have cleaned up the standard guild invitation response page for users who are not registered. Previously, they would see an accept/decline buttons, and upon clicking accept, they would have the registration box pop up. After registering, the page would refresh, causing the user to hit the accept button a second time. This was not very intuitive. The page now displays a register button if the user has not yet been created, and the accept/decline buttons, if they are a logged in user of GuildCafe.
Hopefully these two fixes will help resolve some issues that guild leaders were having, and we are sorry for any confusion these two use cases caused.
Auto-importer for World of Warcraft
DNA Panel Updates
- Whenever you login to GuildCafe (up to once per 24 hours), we automatically flag your characters for a refresh so that you don't need to touch them. This means your characters will usually be updated within a few minutes of logging in.
- On the GamerDNA panel, if you misspell a character name or we can't find it in the Armory, we'll tell you that now.
- Requests to "refresh" your character, or adding a new character, will now timeout after 10 seconds to deal with the occasional inaccessibility of the Armory. If we're not able to connect to the Armory at that time, your character will be flagged to be updated in the background (we'll retry in a few minutes, and you can continue using the rest of GuildCafe).
- We now collect the database of items from World of Warcraft daily, so newer items should always be displayable on your character pages (on the GamerDNA panel).
- Panel opens immediately with a loading animation.
- "Add New..." button in the top of the sub nav no longer scrolls with the subnav but remains on the top of the sub nav.
- added icons for pending friends. You should now see avatars for existing members, and a new icon for non-members. Avatars and icons are now clickable to see them in the view screen.
- Added the ability to add & edit "Items" from character edit section.
- Selected accomplishments now show on Characters view.
- added in achievement update check when updating story and location.
- added in geocode calculation when updating location.
- fixed attitudes that used to be dropdowns to be dropdowns and not freeform text again.
- Changed clickable buttons to convey a sense of activity.
- Left Nav images are now more readable and have a roll-over.
- Added rollovers to all clickable buttons.
- Mini icons added to the AKA section sub nav.
- Quiz results layout has been redesigned
- Quiz view layout has been fixed.
- Copy reviewed, edited and implemented.
- Added rollover highlights and click-anywhere-in-section functionality in the DNA Summary section (right-hand interface you see when the GamerDNA panel first opens)
- Privacy options for uploaded images: users can opt to prevent their image from being shown on their profile page filmstrip, the public filmstrip, or both
- Implement fixes to prevent multiple-saves of games with the same name
- Implement fixes of a problem preventing non-WoW characters from being fully edited.
Signatures on the main GuildCafe forums have been limited to 150px vertically. Signatures in GuildForums are unaffected by the change.