11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 01-23-2008, 03:26 AM
Enthusiast

Morreion is a jewel in the community Morreion is a jewel in the community
Character update issues
I cannot update my characters from WoW and DAoC- I click on the edit icon and edit the info, but it does not save. This has been going on for weeks. Also, there is no Highlander race selection for DAoC characters.

I tried to add a couple of guilds to a gameprofile- got a message telling me to add additional profile to add more guilds. I try to create a new profile but it does not include a fill-in box for guilds.
Gack BladeSong, ML10 Warden, Hib Nimue DAoC (ret.)
Morreion's Travels
Last edited by Morreion : 01-23-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:19 AM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
What's odd is that it, along with failed character delete, is a transient issue. Some characters I can edit, some I can't; some character's have deleted without issue, others just set me to the top of the page and remain. This is despite repeated efforts with three different browsers and subsequent java and xml updates.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:23 AM
Enthusiast

Czarspeed has set foot on a distinguished road
I am havng the same problem.

Check out the gear I have for sale!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:51 PM

Grigorian has much to be proud of
I am as well
Old 01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Okay, message received.

Whenever you have persistent problems such as these, it's really important to report them via the Help Desk. Asking a question on the help desk opens a trouble ticket. Once a ticket is opened, that starts me down the path of testing. If I can duplicate the problem it will go into our bugtracker. Problems not in the bug tracker will never get fixed. The priority for getting something fixed is whether of not it effects a core system, and how many people are screaming about it. Anything having to do with personal pages and profiles is core so high priority for sure.

That being said, we are in the process of reimplementing the entire site right now. The profile builder above is an alpha version of what is going in this Friday...a new editing interface for profiles including character editing. So this bug in the current interface won't be fixed before the whole thing gets replaced.

I hope that give you some insight about how things work around here. GuildCafe is pretty transparent. However if you like to see clear thru you can beg, cajole and bribe me to nominate you to the Caffeinators.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Piper View Post
What's odd is that it, along with failed character delete, is a transient issue. Some characters I can edit, some I can't; some character's have deleted without issue, others just set me to the top of the page and remain.
Aye, I've had that problem since pretty much when I started visiting GC, made a thread about it, not sure if I got a response, and then I kinda forgot about it.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Enthusiast

Morreion is a jewel in the community Morreion is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
That being said, we are in the process of reimplementing the entire site right now. The profile builder above is an alpha version of what is going in this Friday...a new editing interface for profiles including character editing. So this bug in the current interface won't be fixed before the whole thing gets replaced.

Looking forward to the changes! Would be happy to re-do the characters if necessary then.
Gack BladeSong, ML10 Warden, Hib Nimue DAoC (ret.)
Morreion's Travels