11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 01-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
UT3
Anyone gotten into this game? It kinda fell under the radar because of the great launch that COD4 had for me at least, is this game worth 50 bucks? maybe 40 or even 30? or should I just wait for the next round of FPS releases...

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 01-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Enthusiast

Salohcin is a jewel in the community Salohcin is a jewel in the community
I have it, I had UT2004 also. UT3 is well, changed, I like the graphics, but game play is bla I think. Not many on the servers, ofcourse I never liked unmodded FPS play that much so I am biased, but it is "consolized", I had to get a app. off the net just to get to many options & it is rated M, but when you see it you will wonder why.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:42 PM

Droniac has set foot on a distinguished road
It's awesome and by far the best game in the series, after the original. Maybe once Epic gets some more patches in it might surpass the original. Basically the gameplay is awesome and better than ever, as are the graphics, but the menu's, options and taunts leave a lot to be desired.

A much better game than UT2003 and UT2004 - and loads of fun in them nice Capture the Flag clanmatches, but not quite perfect. Definitely a lot more fun than Call of Duty 4 multiplayer though (and much prettier, with quite a bit of gore). And if you don't actually like UT games much, then the eventual mods (which are bound to come by the hundreds, as always) aught to be plenty reason to get it anyway.

Great game
Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
I just purchased it last night because I finally finished moving my PC and had to buy a new game since I have been offline so long. The gameplay is quite a bit faster than I remember but it has been SEVERAL years since I have played the series.

I was only able to squeeze in about an hour of play time online though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.