11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 04-23-2008, 10:14 AM

FenrisVine has much to be proud of
I got some D&D rules from my Dungeon master of an uncle but I never knew how to actually play the god damn game...

Warhammer on the other hand... I have full knowledge on how to play.
I play as Lizardmen in fantasy, and Tau and Tyranids in Warhammer 40k

by the way... Hi, I'm new
Old 04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

Eikinskialdi is a cornerstone of the community Eikinskialdi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Eikinskialdi Send a message via MSN to Eikinskialdi Send a message via Yahoo to Eikinskialdi Send a message via Skype™ to Eikinskialdi
yeah i never got my head round using the miniatures in DnD, managed okay without it though

I'm another Warhammer guy, and will be one of those lining up vs. Hagan. I play Dwarfs in Fantasy, and Blood Angels in 40k.

Both these armies have troops that are unbreakable and like to run in seeking death whilst tearing the crap out of the enemy. Good fun

And Hi back Fenris
Old 04-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
You miniature war gamers should take pics of the sessions and any scenery you use...could give some ideas regardless of which games we're playing.

One of these days I'll bust out my old setups for D&D using Mage Knight dungeon tiles....or my Shadowrun Duels games using Coke boxes for alleyways and covers lol.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Enthusiast

Eikinskialdi is a cornerstone of the community Eikinskialdi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Eikinskialdi Send a message via MSN to Eikinskialdi Send a message via Yahoo to Eikinskialdi Send a message via Skype™ to Eikinskialdi
We do actually intend to, but first need to fork out for a decent camera to stop it looking like fuzzy crap. Anyone recommend a really good digital cam that could take piccies of a tabletop battlefield (Prob need to be 7 megapix or above to show paint jobs etc)?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:25 AM

Lol, I remember someone I new used a chip container to make a Water tower... I lost the bet that he couldn't make it look like one....
Old 04-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast

Well i'm off to Games Workshop tomorrow for the 25th birthday thing to part with some more of my *cough* hard earned cash, hopefully when my stunty army runs ragged over Hagans lot we'll have some piccies. No promises though, i'd have to actually remember something
Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Ah man hope for some good pics and good purchases tomorrow!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:28 PM

What are you going to get?
Something Dwarfy? or something else?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast

I picked up some thunderers to finish out my 2k point force, the anniversary model (Harry the Hammer), some extra dwarf command groups, a Champ of Nurgle (to paint up for kicks really). Bit of a mixed bag tbh, but it'll keep me painting a while, and practice is good

Had to get out of there quick though, i'm a nerd, but the teens in there made even me feel normal
Old 04-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Savant

Ya gotta love the kid in the corner, playing his Pokemon, and when you even fein like you're going to grab his miniatures to look at them, he turns and hisses at you, fingers still going nuts on Pokemon......