11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an RPG gaming club on here?
Yeah that sounds awesome! 18 75.00%
Nah, not really. 1 4.17%
Don't really see a point; if they want forums they can host their own on here. 1 4.17%
Is it instanced or does it have meaninful open world pvp? 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Interested in an RPG Group?
Simple question:
Been thinking of starting a forum-based RP group using Guild Cafe forums. I'd keep it open for anyone who would like to have a place to run their own rpg's without having to setup a whole site or mess with moderation outside their own group. This could be handy if there's any Guild Leaders or promoters who don't want to give up their GC site already.

I'd probably be running seasonal games of various things, based on interest and what not. But I'd have no problem giving someone their own boards to moderate for their own games, and would even enjoy playing in some

So, just curious if anyone would be game for it. Again, this would be a separate GC group intending on playing (as opposed to table top discussion, which we already have here and no reason to re-invent the wheel.) I'd also be interested to see if anyone's interested in helping me moderate and promote the group to people outside of GC to bring in some more peeps

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 01-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Enthusiast

Talen is a paragon of the community Talen is a paragon of the community Talen is a paragon of the community Talen is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Talen Send a message via Yahoo to Talen
I'm in; Let me know the details when you're ready

Guild Wars IGN: Talen Pikunda
Symbol of Pain [FURY]: Leader
Old 01-20-2008, 05:55 AM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
Sure Laz sounds fun.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast

Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community
you know youve always got my back... i have an unlimited amount of resources and saturdays and mondays off, only problem is keeping the trolls aside.

Vorbis - if I imagine Taniika is the boy and that's his crazy mental hospital escapee dad then suddenly his dead baby obsession makes a lot more sense.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
assuming someone can point me to some resources so i'm not completely lost...

I's in.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Actually Mav, I had you in mind when I posted this idea

Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 PM

wendel110 is community member of note
it sounds like it could be fun, but nothing like d&d where you have to buy the books to play, something kind of free for all with simple rules to keep god mode out of it.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Savant

Well the intended idea is for people who want to run their games can run them here. I'm not going to exclude any game; matter of fact I was considering a Dungeons & Dragon game for my personal campaign to run.

However, if you or anyone else wants to run any free systems, your own house systems or just free form or whatever it's totally 100% up to you.
Personally, I have a huge list of free systems I've played over the years and would love to share links and info for them. I'll probably make that another thread

Since there's interest, I'll start getting things together tonight.
If anyone wants to volunteer any ideas or to help moderate the group, send me a hollar or post your thoughts here.

Some ideas I've been having:

->Based on Wendel's idea, I'd like to see a Persistent, open loose-formed RP with a designated setting and rules system that is simple and free to obtain. Would need possibly one or two people to volunteer to "moderate" it for any obvious derailment of the game, and to help scheme up stories and stuff.

->I'd also be willing to setup forums for not just play by posts, but to plan and co-ordinate live RP sessions over the web. I have a chatroom with dice rolling functions on my Guild's website that I'm sure they'd be willing to let me link to.

Anyways, glad to see there's interest and I'll do my best to provide something for everyone interested.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

Talen is a paragon of the community Talen is a paragon of the community Talen is a paragon of the community Talen is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Talen Send a message via Yahoo to Talen
Laz, you are quite possibly the King of Awesome.

Guild Wars IGN: Talen Pikunda
Symbol of Pain [FURY]: Leader