11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
Crysis...ending.
Well, I just beat Crysis. Played it on Delta, and I have to say it was one of the best FPS games I've played. I needed to play everything on MED-to-LOW, and have no AA at all, but it was still a beautiful environment.

I have to say I didn't like the ending though :P It kind of just... stopped.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
The game was far too short, but yeah -- the ending was just as bad as FarCry even after Crytek said that would be addressed in Crysis.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Enthusiast

Drevnar is a jewel in the community Drevnar is a jewel in the community
I did really enjoy Crysis, I thought the story was great (all-though it was not Half Life level); the graphics, sounds, enviroment, and immersion where top notch as well. As far as the last boss fight goes, it wasn't as great as it could have been (maybe because I only played it on normal, I will have to replay in Delta; most of the game seemed pretty easy. There where only a few parts that where really hard).

The way see it, Crytek has really set this game up for atleast one expansion pack with the possibility of more, or even a Crysis 2 (and possibly commensing franchise).

The way I see the possible story line unfolding is [SPOILER ALERT]:

1. The expansion will take you from where Crysis ended to you eliminating the alien threat on Earth - You blow up the island with Prohpet still on it, Prophet once again magically survives.

2. Depending on the length of the story, there will be a new game or an expansion pack where you defend Earth from more alien invaders - You eventually take the fight to the aliens homeworld and than you blow up the home world, with Prophet on it; Prophet once again magically survives.

Rethaul, Dark Templar and squad leader in Rising Arms
Northern Lights, my computers specifications and an up to date worklog of the build!
My gaming life
Old 01-09-2008, 06:40 AM

Seriph has much to be proud of
I choose option 2! =P
Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 PM

D-Monic has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriph View Post
I choose option 2! =P

lol agreed

Old 02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast

Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence
It really should have been called FarCry 2: Episode 1
Old 02-04-2008, 04:54 PM

Booda is a jewel in the community
I beat Crysis on Delta awhile back ago. Ending was so-so overall. For people that haven't played through the campaign yet... go ahead and play through it on the Delta difficulty. I mean come on now, you've got a f@#$ing stealth suit here. Believe me, you can stand to ratchet up the challenge in this game a bit. You'll also get the most bang for your buck in the single-player that way because after you beat the game once I doubt you'll wanna play through it again.

Like I said, I really can't see a reason to go back & play through the single-player campaign again unless I'm just wanting to show how cool the game looks to some friends. This brings me to the multiplayer aspect of the game. I've only tried this out once(which means I sucked at it)but it seemed to be pretty cool. CoD4 has been dominating my online time as of late. Anybody out there that has logged in some real online time with Crysis have an opinion on the multiplayer and if you have a positive one could you list some cool servers to play on?