11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 12-26-2007, 04:47 AM
Enthusiast

Spetsnaz is a paragon of the community Spetsnaz is a paragon of the community Spetsnaz is a paragon of the community Spetsnaz is a paragon of the community
Savage 2 - beta
The FPS / RTS mix is coming out with a version 2. I really really really liked the first one. There's a beta but I just learned about it today. Im going to go ahead and pay for it

Just a heads up.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
you're going to pay for a beta?

/confused

also, link plz.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Enthusiast

Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence Klat is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syldra View Post
you're going to pay for a beta?
Everyone that bought Vanguard and Fury did!

/rimshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
It seems all of your posts are non-constructive, ill-conceived, bashings. One could argue that with your belief of time being pretty darn valuable, maybe you should go outside and build a fort or do some community service rather than waste it as you are now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenala View Post
Arkane, don't argue or fight with Klat. He's too awesome.
Also, he's sexier than you.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:32 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Savage 1 was freakin' awesome; so I understand the desire to support this team completely. They offer the first game as a free download now at:

http://www.s2games.com/savage/index....ge=savageindex

the sequal beta can be found at:
http://savage2.s2games.com/

It's cool in the team play arena; you're looking at one of the few stable and fun MMO FPS/RTS hybrids that works and is totally easy to hop in to. Games are brutal, fast paced and plenty of depth for strategy. It's sad it wasn't as popular as it should've been; I blame them trying to market it to the MMO community initially as their mistake on the first one.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-26-2007, 06:09 AM
The Bishop's Wife

mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence mrssteele is bathed in a white light of excellence
Even I liked Savage and still have the wallpaper on my desktop to prove it. I'll be looking forward to this one, also.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Enthusiast

Spetsnaz is a paragon of the community Spetsnaz is a paragon of the community Spetsnaz is a paragon of the community Spetsnaz is a paragon of the community
Sorry...more Xmas stuff intervened. Yeah I really want to support these guys as Savage 1 was as the right reverend said..."freakin' awesome"
Old 12-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Savage "1" -- which was actually a sequel to a different game, if I remember correctly -- was a pretty sweet game, a rare occasion of working genre-blending. I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel.
'till you run out of cake.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

Short report: There's been a lot put into this game.

1. The graphics are beautiful. Lots of detail, great textures, particle effects, well-done animations, and immersive sound.

2. Style cues from WoW - dont let that turn you off though. I mainly mean in the GUIs and font choices. That's where WoW really did things right...and it looks like Savage has learned from Blizzard in a good way.

3. Really detailed content - multiple races, factions, powers, and abilities. For a 29.99 game...hell for a 49.99 game this thing has had time put into it.

Once I actually read the rules I'll tell you more
Old 12-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Holy crap I've been watching the video footage all morning. I'll be downloading this tonight and PRAYING my box has 1 more good game left in it. I've been playing a lot of free-to-play mmo's for a quick open battlefield PvP fix....I think instead I need to get back into Savage. If this game is out of my grasps for now, I'll probably go back to the original until tax-return time to upgrade my box :P

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klat View Post
Everyone that bought Vanguard and Fury did!

/rimshot
Haha!

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd