11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
Discworld MUD
Anyone play/played? I don't usually care for MUDs but I really like this one, probably because I quite like the Terry Pratchett books and the MUD really fits in with them. Mostly nice people too
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
I tried playing it for about 10 minutes after I took an hour and a half reading all the tips, tricks and learning all the commands, but for some reason having no map made it all confusing to me and the player made maps were even more confusing. You must have a degree in cartography or something XD

I'm just not into memorizing and notetaking for a game I have yet to form some sort of connection with -_-. I always take time out to memorize the controls though, even though for Discworld the guidebook is longer than it should be since all it should say is "USE COMMON SENSE". Looking at the commands alone I'd say it has one of the best command systems out there for any MUD.