11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 08-16-2008, 05:57 AM

POWERFORCE88 has much to be proud of
I could use some help with my site.how do I set what console im using,I mean is it strickly for the 360.if you go to my profile,you scroll down to the bottom and it says sign up for xbox live,I have a ps3.how do I chang that to ps3
Old 08-16-2008, 08:12 AM

CronusTarantalus has much to be proud of
I'm a current guild leader of a Guildwars guild and an Age of conan Guild, and have led my guildwars guild for the last 3 years, i have since learned that players come and go. Life happens while you enjoy playing your game, so a guild leader has to remain ambivalent. As much as you might want a large guild, the fact remains that those of your members that become your friends, remain and those that join for their own personal gain, leave quickly enough.
As far as recruitment goes, the wisest choice in my opinion, is to spend the time making friends whom wish to spend their time in your company, rather than those that are just killing time or want to join for personal gain. the later strain the integrity of your guild and its member cohesion.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These are things for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain lead you into the pursuit of evil.
Druss The Legend, a man to walk the mountains with!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:00 PM

demon450 is an unknown quantity at this point
Running a anything is hard in general, but to host a guild here is sorta easy when you have few members. You should join Vox Populi or Ch@o$Th3oRy! And by the way don't click on that link over there.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 PM

demon450 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, nevermind I think I took the link off.
THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 PM

Sinaxis has much to be proud of
I like the roads lesser traveled in mmo games. I have always played a support character. After playing DFO as a crafter, I got tired of always being ganked. Players just out to hunt the crafters and gatherers as well also sickens me. I decided to pull these crafting type people together to provide a safer place to do what they do and give a little structure and purpose. I have led many guilds before and I hope to see this one flourish as a neutral merchant guild in Mortal Online.

Berrian,
Freemasons Founding Father
Old 08-24-2009, 06:55 AM

Hailfire has much to be proud of
I've only played MMO's for about three years now, but about last year i decided to try and start a clan on zOMG (i know i know not one of those mega titles like WoW)
because of my desire to unite people that i knew into a casual group i invited my friends and others that had the same interests as me as well as opening it up to anyone who wanted to join. it was pretty small at first about 15 members.

then a member decided to have an advertisement on his thread for the clan. no big deal would bring in more members. well... that thread of his got spotlighted on the same day that gaia brought out its new home page and with the title one billion gold lottery... well lets just say that people flooded the join requests.

i didn't know what to do, this small clan that i wasn't even imagining to be over 50 soon grew to that number.

with me relizing that i couldent handle that large of a group i started on interveiwing people and making the place a little more restrictive on who can post. it was even more chaotic because i was a moderator for that members thread as well thus me not being able to manage things in the clan.

i was fortunate though to have members that were more than willing to be helpful and guide the new members around the forum and the game.

the moral of my story... if you have an advertisement out anywhere... expect members. be prepared for the worse or if you aren't you'll end up swamped like i was.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:07 PM

AwwHeck is a jewel in the community AwwHeck is a jewel in the community
Most all the advice i see is about getting bigger...thats not to bad a trend mind me, but where's the advice for people like myself and Hailfire who prefer/expect a small "me and my gang" thing?

I have a gamer Group: All Honor, it's about being gamer for fun's sakes, and not competition's sakes, so i dont expect it to get very big consdiering how much people are addicted to said compettion...

And, yeah, i'd like it to get fairly large (say 50-60-ish regulars area). But! As much as i'd like it to get that big, I'd prefer just as much to have it be a 'me and gang' thing, regardless of activity.

You ask "Whats your point, A.T?"
My point of advice is simple:
If you're having trouble pulling off a large group, then settle for something a little smaller, and a little more family-like.
(I am, under a secondary username, part of Hailfire's Clan on zOMG! and it's a really great group, and is very family-like, and is really, one of the truest of ways to own a clan...on any game...)

So, all in all, my overall objective with this post is to say:
Before all else: be prepared to not meet your expectations, and be prepared to exceed them, and accomadate your management respectively.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 AM

nolamacdonalde has much to be proud of
im speaking against it and can think of an introduction. I REALLY NEED HELP!!! INTRODUCTION HELP!!!!!

Paint Zoom
Old 09-19-2011, 06:24 PM

TheGamePreacher has much to be proud of
Valid Thread
This is an old thread, anyone still here? Like Roxianna I too have spent a lot of time running teams... mostly FPS but a few guilds. Am curious if anything in my articles rings true with you?