11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
I miss tabletop. I miss the fellowship and the creation of it. MMO's are a sad replacement for actually getting together and creating a story with a group of people.

I hope this tool works. I'm looking forward to trying it. After my last group fell apart in '05, due to friends moving, etc....I lost touch with the pen & paper format..
Old 11-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Enthusiast

MrSilver is a jewel in the community MrSilver is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to MrSilver
I haven't played PnP D&D since the early 80s.

Loved it though.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
man even during the long stretches of not playing I still collect the books, because it's fun to get ideas. And the best part of PnP format is if another game had a rule or a mechanic you wanted to implement into your favorite game, you were only limited by your own imagination and conversion methods.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 11-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Famous Member

Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_lazaro View Post
The stuff that's mostly turning me off to 4.0 is the stuff I absolutely loved about 3rd and 3.5 taking a massive step backwards.
After looking into it a little, I agree with you that a "wait and see" approach is called for here. I thought 3.0/3.5 was a great advancement.

Quote:
Classes with a set skill tree as opposed to the skill points per level makes me feel like they're trying to make D&D more like WoW or Diablo instead of a tabletop game.
Usually when I hear "streamlining" it sends up a red flag for me to watch out because it usually means I'm losing some ability/class/game feature. Personally, I like complexity in an rpg game.

Quote:
There's another program I've played with but I'm gonna have to get back with everyone if it's open to the public yet...
I would appreciate any info you can give on this program. What I'm drawn to the most in reading about 4.0 is the virtual table feature, but I'm not willing (at least at this point) to pay extra (if I remember correctly it was about $12 to $15/month) for that feature.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
A-HA! Found it!
http://gametable.galactanet.com/

Free, Java based, simple. But it works so well. And as the site recommends, use this with a VoIP program like TS or Vent, it's perfect.

Oh yeah and as mentioned previously...you can make the tiles and "pogs" for the minis in photoshop or other graphics programs. And since it's just a tabletop and dice bar, you can use it with any freaking PnP rpg you want.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
Oh....

Thanks for the screenshot. I'm liking the idea of this more and more...so expensive to upgrade editions though. /sigh
Old 11-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast

ARGH double post.... sigh
Last edited by Drunkenfairy : 11-30-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Savant

Heh, then don't upgrade the editions! The pic I posted above is for a free client that's already available, not designed for any one specific game (hell if you look closely they're playing Warhammer 40K on the screenshot....)

No where is it written that you can't continue playing with your current books. The beauty of PnP rpg's....

Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Famous Member

Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
This looks very cool! Thanks for the post.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Savant

No prob. Hell I might be up for running something online during the Holidays if anyone's interested in a small 1 - shot