11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 03-17-2009, 02:24 AM

gilliland has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threedevious View Post
So with fewer options (my husband seems to think there are more options, but he's a system junkie) do you feel that combat is more streamlined or does it still take a long time for people to decide what to do?
As of right now its quicker, yes. But I think that will change when they start to release the new books (Martial Power is already out and the Arcane book is coming out in a week or so) and may end up bogging down combat even more. The cards that they are releasing for the different classes may help (we tend to have to flip pages in the book a lot to get the correct spell/ability ready at the higher levels, which I forgot to say that we had an accelerated game to see what playing top tier characters was like) and I do expect them streamline the combat even more since you can have all your cards ready for what you can do and not have to go through multiple books to find the right ability to use in each case.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Speaking of which,
If you hit up Google and search for D&D 4E Power Cards, there's not only a lot of home made ones for print out as well as various templates and program modules you can use to create your own (Handy with all the new classes coming out all the time).

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Not to keep kicking this thread awake:

I finally was able to sit down and run my first session of D&D 4E. It wasn't anything fancy and was using only the PHB and the D&D Starter Set. I ran it for my regular gaming group, who actually have only played D&D a handful of times and are more of the World of Darkness/Storyteller mentality who knew nothing about 4E. I wanted to see how well the game stood as its own system with people who didn't have any caveats of previous editions burned in their minds, save a couple playing sessions in the past. The end result was actually much better than I had anticipated.

I blogged about the experience here.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 PM

Threedevious has much to be proud of
Yeah, my old group just had a reunion after about 4 years off. We ran through an encounter with premade 4th edition characters to decide how we felt about the game. If we didn't like it, we were going to play a game of 3.5 with the new Paizo rules add-on that my husband is beta testing.

One of the other players enjoyed the fight quite a bit (she was new to gaming but remembered our 3rd edition games.) She looks forward to the new game because she felt that our mage spent too much time pouring over his spells. (That is supposed to be a game flavor thing that wizards study their spells, not an out of game thing!)

We did this test last night and when we reconvene, we're going to be playing 4e. We might make changes as we go, but it looks like this is what we're going to be doing.