11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 02-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Need some help modelling tabletop models
For my Personal Project for year 10 this year I selected Build and Paint a Tabletop Model. Since i have Warhammer 40000 i was going to do a semi permamant conversion of a unit (Stays on until i get it back then i can reconvert it back to its original state). I was wondering if anyone had ideas for a conversion or a model that could be used in a pose doing something such as a Tyranid Lictor eating Guardians for instance.

Last edited by Mishy : 02-17-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
You mean a diorama?

The best types of conversions are the ones you can use in game, like grabbing hold of Tyranid heads and using them to adorn the armour or bases of a unit of Ultramarine Elites, or creating a custom character for your army.

Tell us what you have on hand, and I'm sure we can come up with something . How good are you at working modelling putty (green stuff)?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Haven't really used the stuff as of yet.

Right now i have a fully painted and glued Eldar Battleforce along with Farseer and Warlock Retinue, along with unpainted orks and fully painted and glued Space Marines from the Starter Kit for 40000.

I still want to be able to either use it or be able to convert it back to playable standard (like making a semi permamnet looted Carnifex for instance)

Last edited by Mishy : 02-17-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:12 AM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
I would definately go with something permenant, something you can put on the table and people will notice it as kind of a center piece of the army.

For Eldar, one idea is doing something like making Nuadhu 'Fireheart'. If you weren't playing when he was an actual character, he was a saim hann leader. He rode a Vyper and was armed with a lance. you could easily so the same thing and make it a completely legal Autarch, just counting his Vyper as a jetbike.

Space marines are a bit harder, you'd have to make an actual fight scene or something since they don't do as many funny things as other races. It's alot easier with marines if you make your own chapter, then you can use the backgroud story from what you did for modifications.

Orks, by far the easiest. Looted Wagons, Build it yourself battle wagons, Loot just about anything, you can still even do the looted carnifex, just put a big gun on it as part of the looting and you got yourself a looted gun wagon.

Make an Ork Deff Dread buy taking a space marine drednought and hollowing out either the front or the top and putting a grot in it like they recovered a fallen dread and rigged it for him to drive.

I have what is now a looted gunwagon, used to be a looted Basilisk whenthey could do that. It is a Tau devilfish with landing gear removed and put on top of the chasis of a wartrukk with a piece of copper pipe to make the cannon, never quite actually finished that model. I also have a trukk with the missile launchers and rear boosters from a landspeeder typhoon facing backwards for turbo boostas.

Lots of things you can do with Orks.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Guru

Thanks but the only problem with my orks and space marines are they aren't posable. Because they came from the Assualt on Black Reach starter kit they are the clip on things not posable like the ones from any other sets you buy.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Guru

Ok thanks to some help from google I am making a female Autarch. Its made from Guardians and Dire Avengers normally. I plan on making the banners replaced with Swooping Hawk wings and the best thing is its totally legal and be used in a battle as a HQ unit ^ ^ It only costs around 85$ anyway so its cheap = P Anyway thanks for all the help with this. I'll post up a picture of it completed when I've finished my project.