11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 12-06-2007, 06:57 PM

Frithrae is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Frithrae Send a message via Yahoo to Frithrae
Vaginosis empire huh - I don't think any women will want to live there....
Huntress of Warcraft
Vestal
Guardian of Cimmeria Server - AoC
Frith
Beta for Chronicles of Spellborn
Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Aww I'm not a bossy DM; to be honest my players usually overthrow my campaigns and I'm forced to fly by the seat of my pants.

I can tell them they walked into a dungeon, and their exits are West, North or East...and there's always that one guy who's like "I take out the panzer assault cannon and blow a hole in the wall. We go South."

"What? You don't have that!"
"Yeah I do remember we bought it 3 sessions ago?"

"oh...yeah...damn..."

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast

RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to RedQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frithrae View Post
Vaginosis empire huh - I don't think any women will want to live there....
they will if they disintegrate into a gaseous state while trying to leave
Old 12-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast

Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_lazaro View Post
Aww I'm not a bossy DM; to be honest my players usually overthrow my campaigns and I'm forced to fly by the seat of my pants.

I can tell them they walked into a dungeon, and their exits are West, North or East...and there's always that one guy who's like "I take out the panzer assault cannon and blow a hole in the wall. We go South."

"What? You don't have that!"
"Yeah I do remember we bought it 3 sessions ago?"

"oh...yeah...damn..."
atleast you dont have a bunch of guys who take little missinterpreations and ride on it like fart jokes belch jokes on sesame st....
i cant tell you how many times people had to make jokes after our theif busted out saying his name was Hymen when his name was helman....
Then the half orc HAAAD to keep saying "Hymen i will break you"... that wasnt a very serious campaign.

Vorbis - if I imagine Taniika is the boy and that's his crazy mental hospital escapee dad then suddenly his dead baby obsession makes a lot more sense.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQ View Post
they will if they disintegrate into a gaseous state while trying to leave

You're men aren't going to like the fact that all their women aren't any good for the bumpin'uglies...

I mean you DO know what Vaginismus is right?
Huntress of Warcraft
Vestal
Frith
Old 12-07-2007, 05:02 AM
Enthusiast

RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence RedQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to RedQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frithrae View Post
I mean you DO know what Vaginismus is right?
Something from Alien 3?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Evadne has much to be proud of
I don't know if it's still up, but there used to be hundreds on the Elendor MUSH. If you've never MU*ed, its probably the epitome of real time role play (with no pictures). But it's pretty hardcore. Elendor was the biggest one I ever encountered and it was based in MiddleEarth (Lord of the Rings). I also tried one for Dune, Firefly, and a bunch for X-Men (comic style rp is really fun if you're into a lot of action). Many have stats that keep you under controll, others have Wizards or Local Administrators that will put a cap on your abilities. But overall, the focus is just on writing skills and real time interaction in-character. I love it!

-- Evadne
Old 12-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
So just curious to Frithrae: Do you have a preference of systems or setting? I only ask because on another thread we've been discussing Shadowrun; and it's dawned on me I haven't ran that in years in any format. If I were to startup a forum play by post, would you be interested?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:45 PM

First - I went to the site Playbyplay thingy - and 100% of all the genres and links I clicked on even being remotely intersted were dead games...

So I've just signed up on a bunch of Yahoo "RPG advertisement" groups to look for games that way.

2nd - Vaginismus is a physical vaginal disorder that results in very painful intercourse - along with other physical problems at times (cramps, abdomen pain, etc.) NOT something you'd want ...or want your partner to have. Its usually a lifelong problem. *chuckles* Might want to name your place something else...

Thirdly to Rev - I actually prefer no system set - more freeform "create your own" with a moderator to make sure limits are kept and no god-ing. Settings I prefer fantasy-hands down. I don't really get into games where I have to play a human or humanoid alien . I prefer to play dragon or wolf type creature, though I do have a human priestess with a unicorn mount I've created - and an Angel character . But I don't really look for any system as I'm totally unfamiliar with 99% of them and they don't usually give me enough freedom to create the creature/personality I've got in my head .
Huntress of Warcraft
Vestal
Frith
Old 12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Savant

Ah man I wish our old forum RP was still going then. It all started accidently a long time ago; a friend began a thread just role playing his Vampire character who was an owner of a nightclub in one of my PnP RPG's. Next thing we know, the thread is flooded with all sorts of fantasy concepts. But it was kept real mature, wasn't God-like, and actually kept a steady plot for quite some time. We even set up a fight between a couple key characters, role played our back alley brawl and then ended it by literally getting together, rolling a die and seeing who rolled highest, then finished it out in the most dramatic way possible. But it was great...we had a set policy for "power levels" and gave examples, but no real rules and all RP'd.