11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 10-27-2007, 04:17 AM

Frithrae is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Frithrae Send a message via Yahoo to Frithrae
Active Forum RPs??
Hey ya'll - just an old RP junkie looking for some more fixes .

Not getting enough RP in game - and all my past forum/email RP lists are pretty defunct and listless and have been for awhile..

Just wanting to see if anyone out there has some good fantasy or fantasy-ish forum/groupemail list that they know are at least mildly or more active??

Preferrably with some set ground rules and a moderator or two and not just "willy nilly eveyrone can be a god and noone can ever get hurt" RP
Seems like most of the ones I come across are dead
Huntress of Warcraft
Vestal
Guardian of Cimmeria Server - AoC
Frith
Beta for Chronicles of Spellborn
Old 10-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Famous Member

Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence
did you try www.playbyweb.com?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:37 AM

Invoker has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Invoker Send a message via MSN to Invoker Send a message via Yahoo to Invoker
Well now if you know a little about the D&D system [3.5e] we have a game going currently. The focus is on roleplaying but we still include the game mechanics when it comes down to it. If your interested come visit the site.

http://www.wickedwabbit.klik-union.com/

Follow the WWForum link on the left bar then down to the proper section and find the one called " The Old World " inside there you will find the following.

T.O.W. Game PBF/PBeM, Our ADnD Game Online!

Thats the actual game thread so you might want to goto the last thread and go back a few pages from there.

If that all sounded way to hard then I guess you can bypass all that and go directly to here.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/WickedWab...pic=26&st=4020
Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 AM

Xhorror has much to be proud of
any Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning RPing forums around??

Old 12-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I wouldn't know of any based on the MMO, HOWEVER that game is based off a popular Tabletop Miniature Wargame and a Pen & Paper RPG. I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there is running a game in those rules for that setting.

If you're willing to just play in the regular Warhammer time line, you'll
probably want to google "WarHammer Fantasy Role Play" or "WHFRP Play by Post"

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Enthusiast

Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community Batgra is a paragon of the community
if your not opposed to spending a little bit of cash....(assuming you dont have Neverwinter Nights $19.99 american)
I used to play on a Neverwinter Nights RP server that was pretty focused on RP. The server has the feel of a small MMO, but its mandatory to RP your character and everyone who does so is pretty good at it. The biggest problem is the small number of people available to rp with. in the evening youll usually get around 5-8 people playing (which is nothing compared to the 30 average which got as high as 60 on the weekends/weeknights a year or two ago). But it can be fun.

Its all based off D&D 3.0.
the world has things like crafting and gathering
their are unique races and factions as well that arent to do with D&D.
they are not moving to NWN2 to the best of my knowledge.

all in all its pretty good
you can message me if you want more info.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Well to keep this thread on topic, the OP was looking for actual Forum or Play-by-Mail games that simulate a tabletop or interactive fiction-type environment, which is more flexible for story and RP than a video game environment. Although I will give a thumbs up to NWN for being the PC Game that managed to be "D&D Online" more than the actual DDO.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Frithrae is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Frithrae Send a message via Yahoo to Frithrae
mm I HAD NWN for awhile - a friend of mine was supposedly setting up a game for us all to play together so I bought it to play with them.

But it never happened so I ended up just selling it back to a used store.

I have NWN 2 now and I play it off and on - but yea I was looking at more of forum/post RP type stuff as I have more opportunities to play that way AND it usually allows for more creativity in creation and such.

But I do appreciate ALL the responses!
Huntress of Warcraft
Vestal
Guardian of Cimmeria Server - AoC
Frith
Beta for Chronicles of Spellborn
Old 12-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Enthusiast

Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community
How about we make this forum an RP forum!
you can act like your a dragon, Batgra can be the angry wolf, and rev can act like a bossy DM ;D gw at that btw so far rev
as for me... idk! im emo! there i have a role.

Vorbis - if I imagine Taniika is the boy and that's his crazy mental hospital escapee dad then suddenly his dead baby obsession makes a lot more sense.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Can I play Harry Mansack, the ruler of the Vaginosis empire. I would like to play that in my MMO's, but every time I chose that name I either got banned or forced to change it.

gaming news