11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 10-26-2007, 08:35 PM

Craeon has much to be proud of
Guild apps by gold spammers?
This morning I got an app from somebody@somewebsite.com.

The application wasn't fully filled out and somewebsite.com turned out to be a gold seller/RMT site.

Anyone else seeing this? I hope it doesn't get to be too big of a nuisance.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:36 PM

Bookin has much to be proud of
Yes, we got one also.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
The twerp spammer was banned for life. We are taking step to thwart spammers in the future.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:59 PM

Morph is community member of note
lol we got something like that not too long ago as well. Nothing much to be done about it except ignoring/ban from websight
Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 PM

oronra is community member of note
yep, I got one as well.. .. I just deleted it.. lol
never fails.. they're everywhere

Old 11-03-2007, 05:04 AM

breygon has much to be proud of
Unfortunately, they are worse than the heads on a Hydra. You kill (ban) one, and next thing you know, there are two more. So far, I have gotten three such inquiries. As long as there those who want to take shortcuts instead of enjoying a game, there will be these vultures to make a little coin.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:26 PM

Aydiar has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavic View Post
I honestly don't think that a guild is worth a damn unless they have at least one gold farmer tagged.

As far as "taking shortcuts". Some people have more money than time. I've found in the past that grinding gold is not worth my remaining time.
What are you trying to do, start a flame war? lol. Seriously, why would a guild want to tag a gold farmer? I understand the 'more money than time' argument because I used to hold the same opinion but the catch is that a strong secondary market destroys the in-game economy for people who have only a (relatively) small amount of time to play and not enough extra cash to buy gold or items. It's not right for my short cut to contribute to ruining the game for others...just my 2 copper.

Edit: you gave me an interesting idea though...tag the filthy little gold farmer and then when he's at his most vulnerable, form a guild group, disband him and PK him for his gold! Ah yes, beautiful...
Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 PM

Krend has much to be proud of
When there is a market demand - there will be people ready to provide. I bet its not for long before game companies themselves start offering premium services including selling gold to boost their revenues. Look at LOTRO - they already allow you to transfer chars from one server to another for a small fee...
Old 11-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krend View Post
When there is a market demand - there will be people ready to provide. I bet its not for long before game companies themselves start offering premium services including selling gold to boost their revenues. Look at LOTRO - they already allow you to transfer chars from one server to another for a small fee...
You're a little behind the times there, mate. Not only do most games at the moment do paid character transfers (not just LotRO), there's actually several live* MMO's that are free to play and/or let you purchase in game stuff for real dough. And then there's Second Life, of course, but that's a whole different ballgame.

*: Or possibly just beta, I can't be arsed to check right now -- only Asians play them anyway.
'till you run out of cake.