11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 10-11-2007, 04:49 AM
Enthusiast

Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeS View Post
I got caught up playing Portal lastnight when they all released. I didn't notice any more maps or changes for TF2? Did I miss em or is there nothing new?
Nothing new, however there are some custom player maps out there and some servers who edit the official maps (to change respawn times and so on).
Old 10-11-2007, 05:15 AM

StrikeS has much to be proud of
Blast! Need some of the old maps back

Old 10-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Enthusiast

Thrashermad is a jewel in the community Thrashermad is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeS View Post
Blast! Need some of the old maps back
I know what you mean. I really want to see Epicenter and Avanti make a return. The Hunted would be pretty sweet too.

I know for certain they'll be working on bringing some of the old maps back but I recall Valve saying they didn't want to release a whole bunch of maps at once because then some of them would be unpopular and rarely played.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:52 PM

StrikeS has much to be proud of
I'd like to see the old school Well map back, CTF style and the Soccer ball map, lol.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast

Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence
I'm really surprised they didn't remake Avanti. Well should have been renamed cp_trainyard if only so that the community could remake the CTF map.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Borrowed this from a friend and played it a bunch tonight. It turned out to be a lot of fun -- I love the stylized art direction and the cartoony characters.

Of course, I'm getting too old to really be any good at first person shooters, but I still had a bunch of fun knifing people with the spy. Especially the medic who had been running after me and healing me for a few minutes, thinking I was a Heavy...
'till you run out of cake.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:19 AM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Of course, I'm getting too old to really be any good at first person shooters, but I still had a bunch of fun knifing people with the spy. Especially the medic who had been running after me and healing me for a few minutes, thinking I was a Heavy...
I played it for a night and spies really took the fun out of playing a sniper, so I didn't bother playing again.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 11-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
I played it for a night and spies really took the fun out of playing a sniper, so I didn't bother playing again.
I consider that a feature. Snipers are tardy and unfun, and whoever thought it was a good idea to make them a must-have in FPS's was on drugs. They're still used about as much as any other class as best I could tell, however, so I guess they're not all broken for those who like them.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Since we're (well, I am) going on about the awesomeness that is TF2, let me underscore just how cool it is to be playing it, by showing off these more-than-a-little sweet Halloween outfits donned by some of the cool cats in the gaming industry.

Respecting the competitions' games like that? I respect that.

Oh, and I after looking them over for a while, I've decided that Nihilistic Software did the best job of the outfits, with Blizzard a close second. Fact.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:57 AM

angeliza has set foot on a distinguished road
i like to sniper all the time . . lol