11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 10-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community
now i just have to figure out how to hotwire my Wii remote so that it works on my 30 inch monitor =O

Vorbis - if I imagine Taniika is the boy and that's his crazy mental hospital escapee dad then suddenly his dead baby obsession makes a lot more sense.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 PM

madrakaetrus has much to be proud of
Actually, I use both. I have a Fang from Ideazon that works as a mini-keyboard. Wait...still technically a keyboard...meh!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction

Here it is in action

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 10-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Ehm, most 360 games are designed for use with the controller.... Wouldn't adding a keyboard totally and utterly destroy the game experience?

Personally I enjoy playing with a controller way more than with a keyboard and mouse to begin with, so for me this just seems... horrible... Though it would give you a definite advantage online I suppose.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:40 PM

Paradigm has much to be proud of
Post true but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh.f4ll3n View Post
There's definetely no contest here. How could any1 even think of such heresy?

not necessarily true. A powerfull gaming laptop can do that as well just like mine
I came across this while looking for the mouse vs gamepad thing (mouse/keyboard is the best btw, you cant match the precision on the gamepads) and you dont need a laptop for that...ive been running an old P4 3.0 to my (also old) Sony XBR 36" since 2003...all you need is a couch, wireless mouse and keyboard and a sturdy pad for the mouse surface...heck, even the couch surface works if its leather...for people that may say this sounds like a little pc bias, this is my first gaming computer and ive also owned an Atari 2600, PS, PS2, Xbox and PS3 (as well as a lot of gametime on the nintendo, sega genesis and n64). if there was bias on my part, i would think it would be for the controller, not the mouse/keyboard...draw your own conclusions tho, whatever works better for you...cant wait for these cross platform games to come out and settle the argument
Last edited by Paradigm : 12-26-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:13 PM

Manan has much to be proud of
Gamepad vs Mouse
Check my new Gamepad vs Mouse Page.
http://www.squidoo.com/mouse_vs_gamepad
Old 04-07-2010, 02:08 AM

NotU is a jewel in the community
The keyboard / mouse combination will always be superior to controllers in terms of actual control and accuracy. Even the console manufacturers know this. A mouse was released for the PS1 for use with games like Red Alert. The PS3 (and I think the 360, but I can't verify that) will accept a mouse input, even allowing it to be used as control for some games. Just about any usb keyboard can be plugged into the current consoles and used, though any in-game support is likely to be purely coincidence.

There have even been mouse / controller combinations developed for the PS3 and 360, though I'm not sure how many of them have actually hit the market.

PS3 mouse:

360 mouse:

I know there are others, but that's all I found with a 30 second google search.

My Website