11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 09-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Simmer

All I can say Is " Batter UP! " YeeeHawww! Lets Have some fun!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Enthusiast

hahnsoo is a paragon of the community hahnsoo is a paragon of the community hahnsoo is a paragon of the community hahnsoo is a paragon of the community
On the melee weapons: Apparently, each class DOES have its own weapon.

Demoman: Beer Bottle
Engineer: Spanner
Heavy: Ham-sized Fists
Medic: Bonesaw
Pyro: Fire Axe
Scout: Baseball Bat
Sniper: Machete
Soldier: Shovel
Spy: Knife

The Bonesaw sounds bad, but in real life, real bonesaws aren't designed to cut flesh. They are more like very thin oscillating power sanders than a chainsaw.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Enthusiast

Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence
TF2 beta is now live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sirov View Post
TF2? I was a Team Fortress fanatic and Wow!!! the classes look good, though cartoony in design. What's with the scout and a baseball bat?
Be warned this isn't TF:Source, there are significant changes such as the removal of grenades (see Fortress Forever for old school TF with updated graphics).

I can happily say the scout and his baseball bat are great fun even if they did remove conc nades. In fact all the classes seem to be a bit better in some way.

However it IS still beta and some people are already reporting crashes etc.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I'm in doubt whether to get this game for the PC or 360. HL2 on the 360 seems like such a retarded idea, but I don't want to miss TF2 on XBL ;(
Old 09-20-2007, 02:55 AM
Enthusiast

PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community
I've been playing TF2 and I have to say I do miss the grenades. They were very good at clearing camped rooms. I also miss the demoman's nuke - not only was it funny, but it also prevented camping. I don't like them turning good-old CTF maps into multiple capture points. Other than that, the production values are very high - good game.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
You know, it didn't really hit me until today but they don't offer a soft version of Episode Two as a stand-alone, do they? I've heard that you will be able to purchase it seperately off Steam independent of 'the box', but if it's one thing I'll never do: it's a digital download for a game. I'm sorry, but if you're going to charge me for a product and then expect me to 1) wait on a DL and 2) not have a hard copy unless I burn it myself, that isn't going to fly lol.

I've done some digging, but I can't seem to find any retailer offering Episode Two in it's own shiny box for $19.99. If Valve truly thinks that I'm going to pay for Episode One and all the BS I don't want just to have a soft copy of Episode Two, they're wrong; dead-in-the-wallet wrong. My guess is that The Black Box would have still cost around the same as orange, but since it was cancelled over the summer -- we'll never know.

Ah well, one less game I have to worry about playing over the already crammed holiday season.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 10-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Enthusiast

hahnsoo is a paragon of the community hahnsoo is a paragon of the community hahnsoo is a paragon of the community hahnsoo is a paragon of the community
You can blame the retailers for canceling the Black Box. Apparently, when Valve asked them about carrying their product lineup, the retailers didn't want to carry two separate boxes with the same product. Apparently, this is one of the biggest sources of confusion among consumers, and a large source of returned merchandise (which hurts the bottom line).

Don't worry... when Episode 3 comes out, I'm sure you'll find some sort of package deal for all three Half-Life 2 episodes, which would be less than what you will pay for Episode 2 and 3 combined. *shrugs* Late adopters always finish with the most money.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
It's not about the money, it's that my hand is being forced. I'm not interested in the multiplayer crap, I just want Episode Two like the way I got Episode One. Besides, for the first week or so it was advertised for $9.99 at some retailers making it a great buy considering it was an expansion. Now if I want a boxed version I'm forced to buy Episode One again? Uh-uh. Bad move Valve, but then again I guess I shouldn't be surprised since you ruined CS for the rest of the world by making source.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 10-05-2007, 11:56 PM

Sir Robin336 is a jewel in the community
i thought Portal looked..ok. and i LOVE the HL series! WOOOOT.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:01 AM
Enthusiast

PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community
I'm lazy. I love digital downloading. When it comes to gaming, I'm often an impulse buyer and if I can't buy the game online then I often don't bother going to the store to get it. I bought this game through Steam.

Also, there haven't been alot of games worth buying. I recently went to the store and purchased Quake Wars. Prior to that, the last box I purchased was WoW's Burning Crusade (waste of money).