11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 12-20-2006, 03:24 AM

Anarkya has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Anarkya Send a message via MSN to Anarkya
Friends not receiving invitation by mails
Ive send a tons of invitations to my friends so they register, but they dont receive the mail to register to the site..

Also, one of my friend (Generic) never received his confirmation mail so he can't log..
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 AM
FOAD GUILD MASTER

Ash has much to be proud of
Hotmail seems to hate this site,,, some friends report that it doesnt make it to their junk folder.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:48 AM

Princess-Kara has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Princess-Kara Send a message via Yahoo to Princess-Kara
I'm having the same problem with people I have sent invites to that have hotmail accounts
Old 12-20-2006, 06:07 AM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
There's nothing we can do about hotmail. We reported the problem to Microsoft and after extensive analysis, including us implementing SPF records as they suggested, they basically told us that their system was working as designed.

According to some recent industry analysis, hotmail has about a 20% false-positive rating on its junk mail filter (see this report on the subject here: http://home.nestor.minsk.by/computer...6/09/2817.html ). Bottom line: hotmail loses a LOT of mail, not just ours. Their false-positive rate is FAR worse than any of the alternatives. If you use Hotmail, you're definitely losing a percentage of legitimate mail you should be receiving.

Note: Windows Live mail and MSN mail go through the same Microsoft mail servers, so they share the same problem.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the other major email providers (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc.) have this problem--we've tested with several and it works great everywhere but hotmail.

We'll Help if You Known Someone Experiencing Registration Problems

If anyone signs up who did not receive a confirmation email at all, we can still confirm them: they should use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and let us know of the problem, and we'll confirm them via an alternate address. Alternatively, if they write to "webmaster@guildcafe.com" and request access using the same email address they tried to register with originally, we'll approve them as soon as we can.

Sorry for the problems with Hotmail, but there's not much we can do about them. If you know of a friend who can receive hotmail directly from you, and that's the only way to contact them, I suggest sending them an email containing a link to your personal page (e.g., http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Anarkya ) and ask them to register after viewing your page, which should result in giving you a fame credit after they sign up. (You'll still need to find each other within the site and connect up as friends.)

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Last edited by Tarinth : 12-20-2006 at 06:53 AM.