11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

View Poll Results: What will or have you done with old computer stuff?
Trashed it, the dump 7 33.33%
Donated to charity/school/etc 4 19.05%
Sold usefull parts then rest to the dump 5 23.81%
Sold everything 6 28.57%
Gave it to a recycling organiztion 1 4.76%
Still Collecting dust somewhere 10 47.62%
Other 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Exclamation Old Computer Poll?
What do you do or plan to do with your old computer parts or entire machine?

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 08-29-2007, 07:38 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I picked other. I still have all my old computer stuff. I could probably build another computer with my spare parts if I got a case to put it in, which I've been meaning to do. I'm kind of a pack rat, so I'll probably keep everything until my wife decides to throw it out (which I probably wouldn't even notice).
Old 08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Salvage what I can, dump the rest wherever I can.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Enthusiast

Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Ama-Ebi Send a message via MSN to Ama-Ebi
I've done both..donated and trashed.

Ama-Ebi Unagi Zahira Daja
Old 08-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Spaz

Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community
Freecycle and Craigslist, though I gave them away for free rather than selling. I don't think those count as recycling organizations, though.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast

KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community
Salvage what i can, dump once, recycle mostly...and I have been one of the more destructive folks who sacrifice thier rig to the gods of fire and destruction...lol
Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
would tax deductions increase your donation to recycling services? or what about beta keys? I think gamers are the most wasteful of computer parts...I mean we upgrade constantly and either sell them off or just dump'm. But maybe if EA/SOE could donate some beta keys more gamers would recycle their parts... just thinking out loud...I think it would be cool, I mean some gamers pay $500 bucks for Warhammer beta accouts, later to just get them shutdown by EA (rightfully so), what if you got a beta key of your choice for ever $300 worth of part you donate, and you still get the deduction to your taxes, sounds like a sweet deal to me. I don't know what do you guy think?

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Old computers get put to work doing menial tasks, unless they stop working.
  • The Tandy clone XT system with the 286 upgrade daughterboard, flip-top case, amber monochrome monitor, and 2M EMS card was at a girlfriend's house when that relationship ended. I assume she threw it away.
  • The 1976 Honda Accord with largely non-street-legal modifications was traded for a flip-top clone XT system. Yes, really.
  • The flip-top clone XT system with 20M hard drive was upgraded to a 386SX.
  • The 386SX motherboard seems to have gotten lost, after it was upgraded to the crappy 486-66 motherboard.
  • The crappy 486-66 motherboard was crappy, and I eventually had to ritually destroy it.
  • I gave the P-100 to a neighbor. Wish I hadn't, that was a good motherboard.
  • My P2 and P3 are currently idle, but fully functional and gathering dust.
  • The Athlon 950's motherboard died, so its components are in the parts bin.
  • The old single-core AMD64 system is a jukebox, and is streaming audio to me right now. (is that legal?)
Yeah. And so on.

(And, yes, I realize this is TMI, like, squared. )

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Last edited by tekhedd : 08-30-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: TMI!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:38 AM
Famous Member

DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community
If I can still sell it, I would. There are still a few who are using even older computers and cannot afford to buff it up to dual core, etc. Still, it's still in my room as that's the only computer that is connected to a printer which we use from time to time (I'm on Laptop)

Phantasyrpg.com
Good ticked based game, easy to play and get engrossed.

http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Darth_Sirov
Kongregate - One of the best place to look for good Flash Games

www.disputedgalaxy.com
Best Flash Space Shooter Game
Old 08-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Reality Escapist

LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to LaiAhnaCharro
I had to mark "other" box. I always pass mine to family.