Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 10-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Founding Member

Neowart has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neowart Send a message via MSN to Neowart
I JUST BOUGHT BF 2142!!! w00t
Old 10-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
http://battlefield2142.ea.com/battle...ws_101906.aspx

Here's the info on the adware you get with 2142 from EA's perspective and a nice comic by the Penny-Arcade guys

Last edited by Methedras : 10-23-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Rofl! That's funny, but is that really how it works ingame?

Edit: Just read that link, and apparently that is how it works ingame. But I wonder if they're telling the whole truth about cookies and browsing habits and what not.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
Maybe some of the folks that have picked it up can clue us in about the adware and ad placement. Please...
Old 10-24-2006, 02:20 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Supposedly it looks at Website viewing habits, and this information is used to target ads to you in-game.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:37 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
The website says it doesn't do that. It says they just look at your IP to see where you're playing at, and use that regional info to generate which ads you see. But, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did look at your cookies and stuff.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Bug Cess. He's playing, but I don't know his handle or anything.

I've had the damn game in my cart three times, but I keep putting it back down. I don't even have the time to play the games I already have, so why would I spend more on games I'll probably play three times before the next new one is out?

It makes me sad though,b ecause I love FPS.

When Cess finally gets his little no-butt to Michigan, I'm just gonna make him share his copy.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Devil's Advocate

Ravage is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Ravage
Bah, the mere hint of spyware is enough to steer me clear of giving EA any more money. I'll still play pre-expansion BF2 if anyone wants, though.

I think a great team game for us would be Team Fortress 2, assuming it comes out anytime soon. I'll definitely be playing it.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Founding Member

Gaster has much to be proud of
I changed my mind on this one too. I just can't see paying full price for something that is little more than a BF2 mod (and still has some of the same bugs/issues) which also includes ads. There's too many good FPS's coming out in the near future to deal with this kind of stuff (Savage 2, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament 2007, and Quake Wars are all scheduled to be out soon enough).
Old 10-27-2006, 01:10 AM

Sert has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Sert Send a message via MSN to Sert Send a message via Yahoo to Sert
Quake Wars eh? Hmm sounds interesting, please ID, turn down the graphics and tune in the frame rate.

Sert Warlock : Sertified Warrior : Sertumstance 40 Druid : Asertive 24 TwinK-Rogue