11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 08-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Phog has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Phog
Planetside
Any of you oldschool newbies still playing this? Should I come back to whore the forums some more (I was thinking 20k posts...?).
Old 08-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
I haven't played in ages. I enjoyed it when I was playing, I forget why I quit.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:53 AM

Toriac is community member of note
I quit when SWG came out... but my dad still plays.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:55 AM

Glenn has much to be proud of
I use to play, but there was always way to much lag and I could never get any decent score. I loved flying, but the same thing kept on happening. I also quit when SWG came out, then I went back and played for a while. Then I realized how much SOE stinks. Therefore, I will more-than-likely not go back to this game...

It is an awesome concept, but I just have no interest while there is Battlefield 2 out and free.
Last edited by Glenn : 08-19-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Enthusiast

Thallen is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Thallen
I loved Planetside, but there were a bunch of flaws that you began to notice after the first 2 months. Wish someone learned from the mistakes and will make a newer version.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:49 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
It looked great, but I heard from many it sucked. That's why I didn't play.

I regret it now, after hearing the worst I have about a game, even all games combined, and that was SWG. I picked it up, the eye-candy tempting me. I downloaded it, the ridiculously long first patch annoying me. When I play, WOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHHH!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Enthusiast

DorlasEdrahil is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to DorlasEdrahil
Well, I used to play Planetside when it was released and played it for some months with some friends on New Conglomerate side. It was a great ride while it lasted, base capping etc. Nah, not playing anymore, 'twas along time ago, but I still have fond memories of it.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMann View Post
I haven't played in ages. I enjoyed it when I was playing, I forget why I quit.
Everyone quit when SWG hit.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 09-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Enthusiast

Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence Kuranes is bathed in a white light of excellence
I played it for 6 months or so, but quit due to it becoming repetitative. When I realized there was no point in actually putting an effort into capping continents, I got turned off. It would be nice if you could actually attack the other factions' home bases once you'd capped a number of continents, but since it was impossible to "win", other MMOs lured me in (oddly enough also SWG).