11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 PM

agent has much to be proud of
how did you pimp out your guildcafe clan website?
i'm just gonna start a little leader friendlyness here and hopefully new leaders joining guildcafe will have some suggestions and options at how they can pimp out their future clan website. this is all just for fun so please no one criticize the way other's have made their site.

i pimped out mine by adding music to each page i made. changing the background every week so its not so boring goin to the same thing every week.making diff. forums on mine for my members to be able to express themselves,give suggestions,do trades on the game that WE play.my officer is pretty good at making banners so she's making a pretty cool one for us.

please feel free to put how you've pimped out your website on guildcafe, and to all the new leaders WELCOME TO GUILD CAFE!!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Yes, please do discuss this. I designed my little heart out coming up with these themes. More themes are coming, as well as increased ability to control the HTML and CSS.

I don't have exact numbers, but based on on observation, the most popular themes are Blood From Stone and World of Guildcraft. World of Guildcraft is not modifiable, but Blood From Stone is. Surprisingly though, most people leave Blood From Stone as it is. I even used it for my own multi-game guild, Section One. I just grabbed a few bits of art off our old site and put it in the space for emblems and viola.

The next most popular themes are Deep Forest and Factions. It's funny that for Deep Forest, most people use the background for Guild Wars even if they are a LOTRO kinship. There is a LOTRO background and a LOTRO image for the margins that people never use. Factions is also a Guild Wars theme. Its designed to mimic the old Guild Wars official site. Still people use it for all manner of games.

The Factions and Deep Forest are popular I think because they both have semi-transparent backgrounds over screen shot images. Some guillds have used this to make a mess however, by using screen shots that are very busy or that contain text. This make their site unreadable, but whatever, it's their site.

For my Guild Wars guild [Band] I added a music player to the site. One of our members found it. It basically adds your play list widget to the site. I found it annoying though that every time I went to our homepage that the embedded music started to play over what I was already listening to, so I put the play list thingie--a MySpace widget, into its own page. Which reminds me. I have to make anew play list based on the five tracks each guildies gave me

P.S. Be careful on Blood from Stone, not to use images that are big enough to cover the navigation because even if you can see through them, you can't click through them.

P.S.S. Agent you forgot to link your site so people can look.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:54 PM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Zel is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Zel
hmm I didn't do any pimping for my own guild site here, so far I've been using it to test things out as my own personal css sandbox. But they let me work on the Bloodfin group theme here, which does get some sporadic use: http://bloodfin.guildcafe.com

This is from before the theme upgrade though, so not nearly as pimped as what you can do now with blood from stone for example. I want to give props to Roxi for all of these themes. I know first hand that they are a pain in the butt to create and I wish I had time to really get into what it's possible to do with them now.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:29 AM

agent has much to be proud of
ah thank you roxianna i did forget to post my website up (mind if i call you roxy? its easier for me). anyway here it is i'm still thinking of new idea's so i'll post them up later when i get them. htt://agent.guildcafe.com
Old 08-14-2007, 04:58 PM

HoL-Golyn has much to be proud of
I think my biggest challenge will be exploring ways I can integrate some of the guildcafe functionality into my existing website. Since we acquired the domain several years ago, I don't want to let it go, not to mention the geek in me enjoys "messing around" with the site design and such.

Any chance that any of the features of guildcafe will be modded to API's that we could import into our own domains?

-Golyn
Old 08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Phat rims bro.

Edit: Oh and Neon, lots of neon.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:30 PM

Aetone has much to be proud of
Can some one give me advice on reating a Guild webpage...am new to the whole idea of web pages & such, but would like to learn how to go about doing one. Would appericate the advice and tips since i'm just a beginner.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:36 PM

HoL-Golyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetone View Post
Can some one give me advice on reating a Guild webpage...am new to the whole idea of web pages & such, but would like to learn how to go about doing one. Would appericate the advice and tips since i'm just a beginner.
If you have the resources, Aetone, spring for a domain and hosting. My host, Siteground, offers tons of space, an easy-to-use control panel that allows you to easily install scripts like phpNuke, Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, etc. At $6 per month I get 500GB of space (which is way more than I use).

That's how I learned... Trial and error (and several hack attempts *grumble*). Play around, and even visit other guild website and see what they do. If you don't understand it, email them. Many are more than willing to share.

-Golyn
Old 08-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Queen of Pain

QueenTajah is a jewel in the community QueenTajah is a jewel in the community
I think Blood is so popular because of the generally neutral colors and the ability to customize. The "modern" set of schemes (with the left-side menu) are all really damn good... the only problem I've personally had is getting banners & logos to align the way I'd like. I'm working on a new banner for the main page at the moment.

http://www.nukeandpave.guildcafe.com
Old 08-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Queen of Pain

QueenTajah is a jewel in the community QueenTajah is a jewel in the community
hmm odd things happening with sigs again?