11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 08-07-2007, 02:39 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Most ridiculous over engineered POS ever...
...I could only be talking about the boxes that Microsoft Office and Vista come in. This isn't strawberry jam. I am not thinking with a box this stupid the software has to be good. No I am thinking with a box this retarded, I need to sell off any remaining Microsoft shares I own.

I can't think of any serious products that have ever been quite this annoying. In the end I nearly put my eye out trying to pry it open. My prediction: there will be at least 5 multi-million dollar settlements dealing with people grievously injured while attempting to open Microsoft boxes.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
No need to re-invent the box. I am sure someone thought they were making revolutionary new boxing that would forever change the boxing industry.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMann View Post
No need to re-invent the box. I am sure someone thought they were making revolutionary new boxing that would forever change the boxing industry.
That's true, it's like when I write a story or something, I re-read it, and think it's horrible and start over. He didn't start over.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I thought this was going to be a topic about the Wii; I'm pretty disappointed.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 08-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Enthusiast

Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community Kamujin is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Nah, thats more like Apple arrogance.

Microsoft just wants to make sure that you can't use anyone else's box with their products.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
WoW that was hilarious and so true. + rep
Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Re-invent? Oh come on, you know they just copied the design of some software box startup company, but had to change it enough to avoid any patents. That's why it sucks.

The sad thing is that this is probably actually true.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Rising Star

MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to MaeveAlleine Send a message via AIM to MaeveAlleine Send a message via Yahoo to MaeveAlleine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
...I could only be talking about the boxes that Microsoft Office and Vista come in. This isn't strawberry jam. I am not thinking with a box this stupid the software has to be good. No I am thinking with a box this retarded, I need to sell off any remaining Microsoft shares I own.

I can't think of any serious products that have ever been quite this annoying. In the end I nearly put my eye out trying to pry it open. My prediction: there will be at least 5 multi-million dollar settlements dealing with people grievously injured while attempting to open Microsoft boxes.
Roxi, my dear, this is what Usenet and Torrent are for.

visit my blog: oh! san diego dot com