11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

View Poll Results: Wut System is ur favorite?
Nintendo, Wii 8 32.00%
Sony, PlayStation 3 5 20.00%
Microsoft, Xbox 360 6 24.00%
Microsoft, Xbox 360 Elite 5 20.00%
Thay all SUCK! 5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 11:24 PM

Sirdruelsalot has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Sirdruelsalot
System Chaos!
I have heard rummors about the new consoles form Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. And just thought this would be a good Poll to find out wuts true and wuts not.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:52 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Important note: if you get a 360, don't get the core system, at least get one with a hard drive. Because you'll need a hard drive, and it's more than the difference in price.

I'm glad this is a multiple choice poll. I think the Wii is a must have, but isn't actually a competitor with the other consoles.

My ideal configuration would be a Wii and a PC attached to the television, with a wireless controller. But unfortunately most PC ports don't play properly from a gamepad.

[edit: what? On topic?] Oh, and IMO the 360 and PS3 are basically equivalent, with two differences: 1) the 360 has some heat based reliability issues, and 2) there are very few games for PS3. Sony is very slowly preparing to release some PS3 exclusives. Microsoft may have resolved the heat issues with a larger heat sink. I doubt either of these issues matters in the long run, but if you go buy a console today, that's the deal.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Last edited by tekhedd : 08-02-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
Nintendo all the way.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:07 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Ahh yes, another discussion on which game system is better... Well, to be frank, I don't give a damn. Just give me a game and if I like I'll play it. I'm not one of those guys who will drop an MMO if professions are nerfed too frequently. But, I am getting off topic. I own an Xbox 360, so I had voted for the Xbox 360 as my choice, for two reasons: (1)I happen to enjoy the current titles, as the PS3 does not have a wide selection. (2)Xbox Live. Downloading extra game content, gamescore, Xbox Live Arcade, playing games over the net, all that good stuff. I wouldn't have even imagined of buying a PS3 if they had a decent amount of titles, mainly due to the price. The Wii is alright, but, like my DS, I have gotten tired of the faint variations of games. Mario, Zelda, I just need something else. I do own a Gamecube though, so I have nothing against Nintendo's consoles. All of the systems have their ups and downs. And, I do not side with any company. What it all comes down to for me is if I like and will play the games.

And for the record, I own an Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS1, DS, PSP, Gameboy Advanced (used to, atleast), and a Gameboy Colour.

I really don't know how to explain why I buy the systems I do. It's just what I feel like at the moment, in some sort of way. I'm not in it for the competition, I just 'buy' it. Any of you feel the same way? I have alot more thoughts, when it comes to gaming...there just is no point. There isn't supposed to be one.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
PS3 even though I don't own one yet, it is the clear winner of future console gaming. The machine is an untapped beast and just needs a few killer apps to jumpstart its life. Wii is a trend and has no future with hardcore gamers. 360 is a great system with some killer apps, but is flawed (crashboxLoL) and nowhere close to the power PS3 can offer.

Of course, they all pail in comparison to the power of PC gaming.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 08-02-2007, 02:41 PM

Sirdruelsalot has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Sirdruelsalot
Yeah i would have to go wth PC Gaming
Old 08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
I voted for PS3 because I am so impressed with Little Big Planet I may have to buy one. What I really want though are games like this for the PC.

PC GAMING FTW
Old 08-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
As of right now, they're all a failure. Wii is a trend that will blow over once the "Swing it like a retard." crap is no longer fun. The X-box is nothing new, it's like the X-box with improved graphics, nothing innovative, it does however have a flawless internet service (For consoles anyways) wich I belive is something that the other companies need to look at copying or atleast competing with.
The PS3 has nothing new, yet. As people have said before me it's a beast with massive untapped potential, and it's slowly being tapped. You have Home, you have Little big planet, you have MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone 2, etc.

My guess would be that the PS3 will have outsold the other two consoles by the end of next year unless the others do something special or if some new console hits the market.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

Abdo is a cornerstone of the community Abdo is a cornerstone of the community Abdo is a cornerstone of the community
Between 360 and ps3 currently 360 is probably a better choice, but within the next few years ps3 will overtake it.
Its hard to compare Wii with the other to because it really shines when it comes to casual gaming, but fails to appease when it comes to hardcore gaming.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Enthusiast

Strife has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Strife
I only voted for PS3 cuz the Final Fantasy games :P