11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 07-30-2007, 04:28 AM

Zason has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Zason Send a message via AIM to Zason Send a message via MSN to Zason Send a message via Yahoo to Zason
Multi Branch Guild Website Help!
I am trying to put together a multi branch guild website and I am having trouble on what to do next.

What is wanted is an interactive site that will host 3 branchs for 3 different games and 1 fan site. It will all be on the same host. They want all of the members and forums all on the same database. However they want each branch to run independantly. So that administrators and moderators of one branch cannot bother another branch's site and info. Also each branch's site will want to display different content, pages and links.

As far as forums go, this isn't a problem. As far as a website, I am having problems finding somthing that will work. I have been working on a Dragonfly CMS site and it looks great but it won't work for each branch as far as I can tell.

Please and leads or help will be muchly appreciated!

"Z"
Old 07-30-2007, 06:00 PM

Groul has set foot on a distinguished road
Fairly certain PostNuke and the Slashdot CSM all provide the functionality you are looking to add. I'm sure there are more as well that support multi-site configurations. You might give them a try.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 PM

Zason has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Zason Send a message via AIM to Zason Send a message via MSN to Zason Send a message via Yahoo to Zason
Thanks for the reply, I will check those out. Is it slashdot.ORG? I am getting a news site from that link.

"Z"
Old 07-30-2007, 11:24 PM

Groul has set foot on a distinguished road
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zason View Post
Thanks for the reply, I will check those out. Is it slashdot.ORG? I am getting a news site from that link.

"Z"
Ya, Slashdot.org is the news and community site maintained by some of the coders (pretty old computer nerd community). The code they use to run their site is GPL'd and available at Slashcode.com if you are interested in trying it out. I have no experience maintaining a site using it, but I do know that Slashdot uses it very successfully to run a multi-site web service. Read their README for more information on what it offers.

Our guild just moved over to an e107 CMS and we are loving it so far. Not sure if it offers any multi-site functionality, but it has been a joy to work with so far.