11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 12-22-2006, 04:04 AM

Princess-Kara has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Princess-Kara Send a message via Yahoo to Princess-Kara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester Rotcrotch View Post
I enjoyed Nickelback's earlier songs, their newer ones turn me away from the band for whatever reasons. I suppose they lost that luster I enjoyed so much.

Currently I am a large fan of Tool (Maynard truely is a rare one). I most favor, "The Pot", "Parabol/Parabola", "Lateralus", "Vicarious", and "Schism".

Disturbed also deserves recognition, both their old songs and their new are great. It's not often I like both the old and new when it comes to bands. I will also mention Mudvayne, primarily because it would feel wrong not to.

Humbly,

Fester
Are you kidding me??? Nickelback's new songs totally rock too!! I love them cause they're kinda dirty. Tool is good too, gotta admit. And you definitely have it right about Disturbed, everything they do ROCKS HARD CORE!! I went to their concert a couple of weeks ago and was blown away!! Also gotta give props to Flyeleaf. I was seriously impressed with them at the concert!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:21 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
And on the subject of music.

MMMIIIIIIAAAAAA

Your boy Daughtry:

Acoustic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPRVKBj-NqI

Regular (with someone's homemade video, just ignore the images)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HckRNk2Y0tI

This is still my fav though...no word on a CD yet. Yeah, throw stuff at me you Idol haters, but this guy can belt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaXNfey9eZs

For some reason now I need a cool drink...

Last edited by Armaya : 12-22-2006 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:41 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess-Kara View Post
Are you kidding me??? Nickelback's new songs totally rock too!! I love them cause they're kinda dirty. Tool is good too, gotta admit. And you definitely have it right about Disturbed, everything they do ROCKS HARD CORE!! I went to their concert a couple of weeks ago and was blown away!! Also gotta give props to Flyeleaf. I was seriously impressed with them at the concert!
See, the concert/real life thing gets me every time. If I just hear them on the radio, I'm okay. If I see them in concert...that may completely turn me off their music. If I meet them in person, that COMPLETELY breaks it for me if they are not nice people (hazard of both my job and having been married to a musician, I guess).

Ted Nugent was a rude cheapskate who smelled bad. Breaking Benjamin is on the cusp. I still like their music, but the fame has gone to some of their heads (the drummer still has his mom carry his drumsticks in her purse before his concerts, though...that still earns him down to earth points with me). I also have worked with some bands that haven't made it "big" yet (Still opening act status), that I'm really pulling for.

There's some young kids in Ohio called "Against the Fire" who are decent. If I'd just heard them on the radio I don't know if I'd have been as impressed...but when I met them, and then saw them in concert, that sealed it for me. They love the music, they're still grateful you come to their shows, they give everything 110%...the pure love of music and performing is still in everything these kids do, it's awesome.

So Roxi, I'm sure you've heard Breaking Benjamin, but just in case:

Acoustic (So Cold)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJVzxpvXztc

Video Version (Sooner or Later)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mabi3TTSDek

Old 12-22-2006, 07:44 AM

Fester-Rotcrotch has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Fester-Rotcrotch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess-Kara View Post
Hm, yea I was going to go see them in concert not very long ago, but I had car trouble and couldn't make it. Closest I got to hearing them was an interview they did with the radio station I listen to a day or two before the show. The DJ's were raving about Flyeleaf's performance for days after, it's a shame I missed it.

Humbly,

Fester
Old 10-29-2008, 05:41 PM

grimmyhead has much to be proud of
Some of my new favorites music guys

Clayton Senne

Luke Mulholland
Old 10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Enthusiast

sororitygirl is community member of note
I have Nickelback lyrics written on my bedroom wall.

=)
Old 10-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Woah, this thread is so 2006.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
I've never been one to have a "favorite" band. My playlist is a crazy mix of music. It goes from The Ramones to Static X to a bit of Classical back to Cake, The Cure and around. Hmm maybe even former musicians are like that? You can find good (and bad) in a lot of genres.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkenfairy View Post
I've never been one to have a "favorite" band. My playlist is a crazy mix of music. It goes from The Ramones to Static X to a bit of Classical back to Cake, The Cure and around. Hmm maybe even former musicians are like that? You can find good (and bad) in a lot of genres.
Same. I can't listen to the same genre for long periods of time unless the songs themselves are radically different. About the only exception is chillout/ambient stuff, as it's usually just going in the background whilst my mind is on other things.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:01 PM

RhaegarTargaryen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketwolf View Post
Same. I can't listen to the same genre for long periods of time unless the songs themselves are radically different. About the only exception is chillout/ambient stuff, as it's usually just going in the background whilst my mind is on other things.
I've had that happen, but there are some genres I will not touch, like Rap, Hiphop, and pop.

But also there are some bands that never seem to grow old. Iron Maiden, Hammerfall(ZOMG 90's! RUN), Eagles, The Beetles, The Who, White Lion, those lines.