11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 07-24-2007, 07:30 PM
gamerDNA Director of Community

Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community
Press Release GuildCafe Gets Funding!
Check out the press release if you want to see the officialese. I’m always entertained at things that try to explain guilds to outsiders.

So, what’s this mean for us here inside the community?

- Untainted funding for growth. So many sites find themselves faced with a choice – grow, or stagnate. Growing takes a lot of money, and a lot of time, or both. To do GuildCafe the right way, it’s going to take both. We’ve all got nothing but time when it comes to something this cool, but money gets complicated. It seems like these days, many websites (devoted to offering tools and services to gamers) find that turning to gold sellers is their only option if they want to grow.

Not us. We’re free to form real partnerships with game companies, free to avoid any gold farming drama, and free to focus on you. We’re about to grow like crazy, with no concerns about where the money is coming from, and what that connection might obligate us to do.

(Edited: We're not hiring at the moment, so I took out the pitch for resumes... sorry, guys, that plea was written two weeks ago, it's just that we only now got to post!)

- This is the real deal. Everyone wants to be the next MySpace, Facebook, Digg, Blogger, or Flickr. We know that the real core of any successful MMO is the guild. Guild, Clan, Association, Family, whatever you call it, having the right group of friends and comrades will make or break the game for you. We’re players. We know that. So we’re not making “Facebook for gamers.” We’re making “GuildCafe FTW.”

GuildCafe has the plan, the team, and you. Some very serious people believe this is the combination that can make it happen.

/wild cheering

I'm psyched, y'all.
Last edited by Sanya : 07-24-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: SECOND draft, not first draft...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:14 PM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
Thumbs up
Cool news.

Last edited by Midnight Piper : 07-24-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Feels so odd (Not in a negative manner though, just odd.) to see the title CEO next to someone that you've actually played with. Well, CEO of the company that runs the community that you're a part of, if it was any other company I suppose the odd feeling wouldn't be there.

When you play together and you're in vent together it's more personal and now it turns into buisness hehe.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Spaz

Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community
Very exciting. Congratulations!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Reality Escapist

LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to LaiAhnaCharro
Woot! Great news! And, you're hiring... Can I send in a pm or email for a Graphics designer position?

Never mind, I found the link.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Famous Member

Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence
Congrats! Now if I just figure out a way to get myself some extra funding...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Rising Star

MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to MaeveAlleine Send a message via AIM to MaeveAlleine Send a message via Yahoo to MaeveAlleine
can i borrow some cash? i've been eyeing a hawt dress on ebay.

oh and....

HERE WE COME
BIG BOYS!!!!

visit my blog: oh! san diego dot com
Old 07-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Queen of Pain

QueenTajah is a jewel in the community QueenTajah is a jewel in the community
This is exciting news indeed. I can't wait to see how ginormous (yes it's a word now, check Webster's!!) Guildcafe will become in five years!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Enthusiast

BaronJuJu is community member of note
Congrats Guys and Gals! Can't wait to see what this place will become from the great start it has had already!

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Old 07-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Legendary Gamer

Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community
I'm promoting the hell out of the site every chance I get. Good to see things shaping up.
Motto: Killing With Style