11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 07-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Famous Member

Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence
Respect Etiquette
Is there any etiquette for giving/getting respect?

When you get respect, do you give respect back? post a thank you? acknowledge it in some other way? Don't acknowledge it?

In giving respect do you usually give as much respect as you can each week? Give it out only for very special reasons?

I'm just wondering how people generally handle the whole issue of respect.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:15 AM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
I always return respect when I'm given respect.

I usually give respect when someone catches my attention on the forums or with their blog, as a step up from giving post reputation.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Respect the elders here, like me! :P

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 07-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Famous Member

Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence
thanks for the info
Old 07-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Spaz

Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community Eurydice is a paragon of the community
Ah, good things to know.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Reality Escapist

LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to LaiAhnaCharro
I like to check to see who has given me respect. Then, I go to their page and learn about them. Read their posts and what-not. If I like them, I'll give them respect as well.

Some people catch my eye on the forums. If I like what they post, I'll check their personal page. After reading more about them, if I like them, I'll give them respect.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Rising Star

MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to MaeveAlleine Send a message via AIM to MaeveAlleine Send a message via Yahoo to MaeveAlleine
One thing's for sure. If you ask for it in your very own thread, you're less apt to get any.

visit my blog: oh! san diego dot com
Old 07-17-2007, 11:47 AM

Daedalus has set foot on a distinguished road
Been 'oogling around on people's profiles and it seems like many are giving Reptutation at random, from first-impressions to a finny picture in their gallery. One should think that such should come from earned respect, but I assume people are much more casual about it than such. Which is of course fully understandable. I just wouldn't like being given respect 'cause of some .gif file showing or the likes, but I guess I'm weird like that -.-

~ Dae.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Reality Escapist

LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to LaiAhnaCharro
We don't always recieve as much as we give. That's life. I've given 29 so far and recieved 20. I'm not going to fret over it. It would be good to have a feature that would allow us to know when we do recieve new respect. I've noticed that many times the new gets mixed in with the old and can be hard to spot.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lai'Ahna Charro View Post
We don't always recieve as much as we give. That's life. I've given 29 so far and recieved 20. I'm not going to fret over it. It would be good to have a feature that would allow us to know when we do recieve new respect. I've noticed that many times the new gets mixed in with the old and can be hard to spot.

I get notified via my email when I get new respect.