11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: Choose statement(s) about your love experience in the MMOs you play:
I've met someone in-game and with them in RL to this day. 19 13.87%
I've met and broken up with someone in RL that I met in-game. 9 6.57%
I've met and continue to be with someone in-game only. 2 1.46%
I've met and broken up with someone in-game only. 6 4.38%
I'm currently single and never have met someone in-game/interested in the idea. 28 20.44%
I'm currently with a person and did not meet in-game. 57 41.61%
I'm currently single and have no interest in finding someone in-game. 27 19.71%
I want love in-game but not in RL. 0 0%
I want only sex in-game but not in RL. 4 2.92%
I want only sex in-game and in RL. 5 3.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Rising Star

MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to MaeveAlleine Send a message via AIM to MaeveAlleine Send a message via Yahoo to MaeveAlleine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Wills View Post
I "met" and learned more about my fiance in-game than out I think, but our RL meeting did come first...
I find that a really unique thing to say. Can you tell us more?

visit my blog: oh! san diego dot com
Old 07-15-2007, 04:04 AM
Rising Star

MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to MaeveAlleine Send a message via AIM to MaeveAlleine Send a message via Yahoo to MaeveAlleine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchilde222 View Post
I met my boyfriend at a game...just not an online one! 8)

We do play together though, all the time.
What game? Inquiring minds want to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
Good luck on the new venture. I wish you the best. I met my wife in game and we've been married for about seven years.
That's awesome! Congrats About the same time me n' Drizzet have been together.

Last edited by MaeveAlleine : 07-15-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I'm currently single and have no interest in finding someone in-game.

Sorry ladies, this man is a lone wolf.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeveAlleine View Post

I find that a really unique thing to say. Can you tell us more?
Well, that was the short version. If you want the (very) long version, here it is -

We met briefly at a lunch with some mutual friends, but he lived on the other side of the state, so I got his s/n, and we started chatting on aim frequently. We got to know each other a little and getting more and more frustrated about the distance between us basically RP'd our first date. And a second. Eventually we were spending more time RPing than having regular conversations.

After awhile he was able to come and visit for a day and then again a week or so later. We got tired of the small amounts of time we were able to spend together, so he decided to move back out here (here being where he grew up anyway). He moved in with his pseudo-little-brothers, hoping to take care of them and be a better role model for them than their nearly non-existent mother. After a couple weeks of me spending almost all my time there, getting to know the kids, and looking for an apartment of my own nearby, they (my b/f & the mom) told me I should just move in there, so I did.

After awhile I started to miss playing GuildWars (I lost my account to an ex some months before) and told my b/f that next time we went out I'd like to pick up a copy. Since I'd done nothing but jabber about it for a week, he decided to get one too. He was almost instantly hooked, just like I was, and we started playing together all the time. Considering we were only a few feet away from each other while we played we talked constantly, about everything we could think of to talk about.

As we played, Eliam (aka Jake in RL) slowly (okay very slowly) started to figure out how to play the game, and that there was more to being a Necro than just throwing some random death magic skills in a bar and clicking them at random intervals. I'd been wary of helping him before that, because I was afraid to tell him "how to play" and I was worried he would turn out like most guys I knew and get angry. Slowly he started progressing and I would make little hint here or there, and he seemed genuinely grateful. Eventually we talked about it, and I knew then that he wasn't like anyone I'd ever met before, and definitely not like anyone I'd ever dated. He wasn't worried that I was a girl and I might know more about a game than him (of course I did, I'd been playing it for over a year before we met), or that I could beat him when we had a 1v1. I started to trust that he wouldn't get mad when I told him a new strategy for a mission or build, and at the same time I realized that I could do the same thing in RL and he still wouldn't get mad. In fact, he appreciated it.

As we continued playing we discovered more and more things like this about each other, and we grew closer together. Through our gaming, we'd formed more of a friendship than just a relationship, and that friendship has become the solid foundation on which we've based not only our relationship, but our family. February 19th of this year our son Daniel Jacob was born. We've had a rough time adjusting to this change (we are SO clueless when it comes to being parents), but we set aside time for ourselves frequently, to work on our relationship and to game *ahem* work on our friendship, I mean.

Ten days ago, Jake asked me to marry him (and I've, of course, said yes, I'd be a fool not to), and I know that after we're married nothing is going to change. We will continue to nurture our friendship through our gaming and the other activities that we like to share, and that will in turn nurture our relationship.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:35 PM

Moonchilde222 is community member of note
It was at a live action roleplaying game, and we still play. We've played friends, enemies, and spouses in LARP.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Rising Star

Congrats on your upcoming wedding Goddess!

In other news, I woke up to seeing the news article about the column has a few comments using words "retarted" and "not needed." Oh well, we will see in time I guess.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
Ah, no worries Maeve. We really do need a steady column
...and alter strikes me as "prolly preteen" anyway.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Mistress of GuildCafé

Reenala is a cornerstone of the community Reenala is a cornerstone of the community Reenala is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via MSN to Reenala
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeveAlleine View Post
In other news, I woke up to seeing the news article about the column has a few comments using words "retarted" and "not needed." Oh well, we will see in time I guess.
Was always going to happen, Maeve, don't let it get you down. As long as you know that you're actualy giving people good advice, then it's worth it for you and them.

Our Temporary Forums and Website are now open to the Public!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
gamerDNA Director of Community

Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community
Everything besides air, water, and food is unnecessary when you get right down to it. This computer is unnecessary - it just makes me fat and blind. The dogs under my desk are unnecessary - they do no chores and provide no services. And MMOs are ABSOLUTELY unnecessary... except for the fact that MMOs changed my life.

/shrug

YMMV.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
It's missing the option "I met someone in game, met them RL, it totally didn't work, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that it might happen again." I mean, hopefully not with the same sad ending.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --