11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
gamerDNA Director of Community

Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community Sanya is a paragon of the community
Time zone is important - but time of typical play session is also important. I have a guildie who works the night shift, and only plays in the mornings. Former guildie, I should say, as he joined a Euro guild out of necessity
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
A custom survey or poll option on the application form, along with the open-ended questions options - my guilds usually have a decent range of simple questions we want answered; let me build a survey and have applicants check the boxes.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:02 AM

Meynolt has set foot on a distinguished road
I believe all of the ideas here are good. But perhaps add a database for players that are seeking a guild. Almost like a Monster.com type set up. Post a resume' and potential employers can browse it. Or simply a way you can more clearly flag a player as "Seeking a Guild" Just a thought.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Enthusiast

Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence Vorbis is bathed in a white light of excellence
Lots of great ideas so far!

Linking the tag system into the recruiting tools would be great, specifically it would be nice to quickly see if a potential applicant has previously been in the same guild as one of my current members. My last guild avoided a lot of hassle by performing background checks and making sure that new recruits would not bring any old feuds from old guilds into our own guild.

Another thing my old guild did which I think helped a lot and could possibly be tied into the recruitment tools was putting new recruits on trial. We had a secret subforum that only current members could read and trialists could not. When somebody completed their trial period of 2-4 weeks the ability to view this forum was opened for them but all posts regarding them were deleted. The forum provided a great way for members to heavily criticise recruits without hurting their feelings and in most cases the guild officers used the feedback to give relevant advice to the recruit. There were very very few recruits who 'failed' a trial and the feedback always helped the officers.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:57 AM

Tjuhl is a cornerstone of the community Tjuhl is a cornerstone of the community Tjuhl is a cornerstone of the community
A Guild Recruitment toolbox? Hm...

Recruiters and applicants should be able to go to a website, where they can follow the following sequence:
- choose the game
- want to found a guild or want to apply to a guild?

(a) FOUNDERS
1. enter name of the guild, upload or choose guild sign / banner / avatar
2. pick at least 2 keywords (e.g. PvE, PvP,...) and up to 2 personal tags
* each guild must have 4 profiling keywords after guild generation
* each guild is automatically tagged with those keywords
3. guild information
* short information about guild profile / explanation of keywords
* short info about guild's goals / focus
* guild rules - opened via a link
* list of application requirements
* link to guild website / forum, provide contact information
4. some space for personal information / a personal note to applicants

The complete guild profile should appear on the recruitment portal / site. Name, keywords, guild profile link and a short note should appear at each member's profile (under the according game).

(b) APPLICANTS
1. rank four keywords / tags (PvP, social, beginner,...) from 1 to 4 --> search
2. scan through the keyword-sorted guilds or click through tag clouds
3. when they have found a guild they like, they should confirm that they...
* meet the requirements for application
* have read the guild rules and accept & like them
* will treat other guild members with respect and in a constructive way
* will do their best to contribute to the guild's overall goals / efforts
4. at the end, they should be able to leave a personal application note

If they are looking for a guild but don't want to scan through the profiles they should be able to add a mini-resume to their personal page, listing the desired game + 4 keywords / tags + short personal note.

Yes, I know some of this is already in, but most of it should be structured better / more user-friendly / more concise.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 PM

Sid has much to be proud of
i think everything that people have said is great and a good tool to find out alot of information about people applying to your guild/nation.....but
when i have ever accpted someones app. it was based mostly on proving themselves.... i apply a prohbationery period ...like 3 months. Might seem kindof excesive, but in that amount of time you should no if the person gets along with everyone, knows the game and how to play it, and if all the info the put on the app. was correct or not. Dont always rely on the app. its just paper (or computer screen).
Old 09-17-2007, 08:44 PM

Isis God of War has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Isis God of War
Campaigns
As a Guild Leader it is nice to know a Character's Main info: Class, Race, Craft. and level. However, it would also be nice to know what games they have and or campaigns. I think this is so import as a guild leader to know how much work is needed with a new recruit. It also tells us if they are a nice fit or will be left out.

I love all the ideas posted above and its a great start. Keep the excellent work up.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:29 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Well the discussed recruiting system is in now, albeit a bit rough. This week is cleanup week and we will be gussying things up a bit. By Saturday we should be looking pretty.

Have you gussied up your profile yet and posted an ad?

My guild, Section One, was getting about three applications a month before the system---and we are not even playing anything! It will be interesting to see how that changes. I have changed our recruiting and ad to only be looking for PotBS though.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 AM

Pyrotendril has much to be proud of
I agree with Hades, short and sweet, if the prospect looks interesting, then you can always find out more.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:17 AM
Enthusiast

Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community Tanaiika is a paragon of the community
Now i may be the only one with this opinion but i find that if you filter likes and personality views with your guild/clan/kin it may take longer to build a stable community, but it will accualy last. One of the biggest falldowns i see from all of these clans that cant last is most people leave due to 1 of 3 reasons.

~A silent group because people feel akward and cant find comman ground to talk to people about.
~getting the strict feeling of "I dont belong".
~or the biggest one, clash of peoples personalities where they can't stand a certain individual and some big dramatic event escalades to the point where the guild brakes up due to drama. -_- its happened to my community twice.