11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 12-15-2007, 03:13 PM

Arkan has much to be proud of
Talking Anyone from Illusia
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to see if anyone here ever played a game called Illusia. It didn't have a too big of a community but it had a close knit one. The game was based in a world obviously called Illusia and had two sides the Human Alliance (HAR, I think) which had humans, elves, gnomes, dwarves and centaur, and the Vampire alliance (VAR) which were mainly Vampire, Minotaur, Troll, Ogre, and a Fury cat thingy.

After species there were many castes like Wizard (no body chose but me), Enchanter (pretty popular), Illusionist, Fighter etc...

Let's see, everyone mostly hung around the town square of the human town. There was an auctioneer in the town square for both cities. At lower levels you had someone tank the evergreen tree (I think, it was some kind of tree) while the other person attacked for exp. There were admins like Merril and...I forgot.

Some of the other players who I remember are Khar, Isildur, Phasendrach that's all I can remember for the moment. I had couple char but mainly used Arkan.

Anyway if this sounds familiar speak up, Illusia was one of the first MMO's I played and will always have that special place in the MMO section of my brain.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
*tears in his eyes*
You mean I didn't dream it????

I loved that game. I was only around for a summer; played a Vampire and spent my time killing Gypsies and other things. I loved it; absolutely freaking loved it. The interface was so cool; I liked the illustrations with the areas and the tile based combat....it was like a pseudo-Mud, before the days of UO and EQ got big.

I tried tracking it down but all I found was a site with a lone screenshot and the blip that it was no longer around. I actually WANTED to play this again recently (it's why I started the thread looking for a timesink).

That was quite some time ago; I was in Highschool at the time it came out, I think Creed's first CD was out because I remember listening to it while I played.

I wouldn't remember any names; I just remember telling all of my Quake friends I was busy when really I was playing this, exploring and seeing how far I could get. But as I said, I was in HS at the time, and eventually my first job, classes, and staying out until 4 every night being a reckless youth would make me forget about it.

So glad you posted this! Any idea what the creators have been up to?

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-16-2007, 05:13 AM

The creators are from Living mask, I don't know what their up to now. Yea I started this game in middle school. back in 2000 ish, prob 2002. I got into Illusia in the couple years it started to die off.

I also had urges to play this game recently. The urge comes up every couple years.

Now this game had a community going for it. It had a very close knit friendly community with everyone having an interesting story. I'm glad I found another player, what chars did you have?

If there are any more, SPEAK UP. Hopefully there are more.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:42 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
All I had was my vampire; probably named him Alforn like I did every single persona I had in a fantasy MUD/BBS Door game circa that era

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-22-2007, 06:42 PM

Awww no more people
Old 04-02-2011, 11:56 AM

Chathsolen has much to be proud of
Still one more person that remembers this game.It just poped up in my head and decided to look and see if anyone posted anything on this.I was mainly known as VAPRAK !! Ogre Warrior and sported almost a full set of adamantite armor.

But i do remember you Khar, I beleve you was a minotaur ?