11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

View Poll Results: Should Roxianna reconstruct the LOFP landscape in HTML?
No, don't bother it would be pointless and boring. 2 7.14%
Yes, I think its worth doing and I would like to see it. 26 92.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Mr.

melee has much to be proud of
SWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT T

LOFP LIVES AGAIN, i dont care i cant play fight with sierron, i get to visit again!!!!

[Pokes Sierron with a big stick and runs away laughing]
Old 11-29-2006, 03:45 AM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by melee View Post
SWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT T

LOFP LIVES AGAIN, i dont care i cant play fight with sierron, i get to visit again!!!!

[Pokes Sierron with a big stick and runs away laughing]
heh I've been out of town for the past month... good to see you around Melee. Yep, no play fighting... Ah well.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Mr.

melee has much to be proud of
hugs her hugs him hugs everyone, murg hugs for everyone!

nuzzle..:
Old 12-02-2006, 07:26 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Between GuildCafe development projects I have been thinking about this now and again. LOL Windows XP thinks the .scr extention is a screensaver. So the first order of business has been renaming the files to .txt so I can at least open and search rtc.

Anyway, so here is what I am thinking. Make a webpage with a chat window in it. Above the window, put the room description.

Now I get to the undecided part: Should I reveal all the room's items and their possible interactions in a list of hyperlinks? Or should I hide that and make you (the user) guess and enter strings?

I am trying to decide if its okay that people can only talk to each other and use items for roleplaying purposes when in the Bazarre Center. I am thinking that as people wander the world they can pick up items and put them in their inventory: a list of thing to the right of the chat window.

Finally, I am thinking of wiki-tizing this so that people can add new items to rooms for people to find and interactive with, even collect.

Comments and advice? If you were going to undertake this project, what would you do?
Old 04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
I need a utility to rename alll the .scr files to .txt files. Any help?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
Heh, unix or dos?

I got an account here just to vote in this thread. I've been trying to explain to an MMO friend of mine what it was like, and she just can't comprehend it.

Reading this thread is giving me major flashbacks.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 05-16-2007, 01:28 AM

juice has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
DOS:
ren *.scr *.txt

Linux:
for f in *.scr; do mv ./"$f" "${f%scr}txt"; done
Old 05-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice View Post
DOS:
ren *.scr *.txt
Yeah, that's it. It always surprises me when that doesn't trash everything.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 05-16-2007, 09:04 AM

vetala has much to be proud of
huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Yeah, that's it. It always surprises me when that doesn't trash everything.
huh?!?!?!?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:29 AM

Montar has much to be proud of
If you're still doing this Roxianna, I think that I still have a bunch of my old scripts kicking around somewhere.
Last edited by Montar : 11-27-2007 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Cuz I spel gud